General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The Gambia is supposed to be really cheap when you get there, for eating out and drinks, etc. :)
Well you could try Malaysia...Thailands neighbour but a different feel
Hi

If you'd asked me a couple of days ago I'd have said Egypt. As to whether or not it's a nice place to go, only you could decide that.

I'm going there on Thursday, to Sharm, it was cheap and I know from reviews I'll consider it a nice resort.

Philippa :D
Malaysia is supposed to be beautiful. Im a childminder, and one of my mums took her little boy who i lookafter, over christmas and new year. She was actually there when the Tsunami hit. :shock: I was frantic with worry, and tried texting her from Boxing Day. I was in Fort William, Scotland at the time for a weeks holiday. She didnt get back in touch, by text, until new years eve morning. She had only got message that day, probably due to the fact so many people were also using the network. She said she only felt her bed "shake" as she was on the opposite side of the Island where the Tsunami struck. It hasnt put her off though, she is planning to go back again THIS christmas and new year, as its so beautiful. :offtop Sorry, ive gone slightly off topic now, with talking about Malaysia!!
Cheers all. I'll have a look at Malaysia now.
Gambia is cheap, but in my opinion not a very nice place, we had to pay for a guide to take us outside of the hotel because it wasn't safe to go outside without one, Malaysia is lovely but I wouldn't say cheap, My 3 top destinations are Joint runner up Thailand & Sri-lanka but top is goa, Check out the indian forum.
I agree with the post above, it was Goa i was thinking of, not the Gambia. Friends of ours went, half board, and said the prices to eat and drink out were very good, cheaper than here. :)
Malaysia can be as expensive or as cheap as you like...if you are prepared to eat in local restaurants where the food is excellent, rather than some of the over priced tourist restaurants. I have stayed two centre 5star KL, 3 star on the beach high season for less than seven hundred for two weeks which is comparable to Thailand price wise.
Vietnam - but don't tell everybody!
would also say thailand,vietnam & goa!
will let you know about malaysia,as we are off there in nov.i'm hoping it's cheap :)
tracy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.