Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Did anyone get a pm off Gayle re the name of the jewellers shop?
very concerned she hasnt posted for a couple of days, Allan. I hope everything is well.
Yes I got a pm from Gayle on Tuesday with the name of the shop, not heard anything since, hope she is ok.

Maria
I also had a pm from Gayle on Tuesday 3rd about the shop name,getting a bit concerned about her now,but there is always the chance she has gone on a trip for a few days and can't get to a computer,let's hope that that is the reason. Paula
To stop everyone worrying, although she has not posted since last Monday she has been online- the last time being Thursday.Perhaps she will update us the next time she comes online.
Hi Gayle! I'd appreciate a pm letting me know the name of this awful jeweller, if you wouldn't mind. Hubby is planning on having something made for me (birthday while i'm there) and i would hate for us to find ourselves in this place. Many thanks :)
gayle - i understand that you cant post the name of the jewelers that you have dealt with for legal reasons. please can you pm the name so i am forwarned as i wanted to buy a ring for a special occasion on our next visit?
thanks
sue
Still no news ???
I do find this worrying! :think Allan.
Gayle, hi hope all is well. Is it ok for you to pm me also. Much appreciated. We have had jewellery made and been very happy with what we got.
Could you also pm me Gayle when you have the time,hope you are o.k.
thank you
ann
Is there still no news from Gayle? If not then this is VERY worrying.
;) She's been about..take a look here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=130698 so although bit of a rollercoaster visit this time!
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Betty Boop, i'd noticed the new topic but didn't notice who had posted it :duh So :cheers Fizz

Good to know that she is okay (well sort of anyway) :que
In general, it is by far the best tactic in countries where the law is either badly applied by police and other authorities, or biased in favour of locals to NOT get involved in any situation unless it is unavoidable like, for instance, a traffic accident involving injury or a hotel room theft.
You will go into the situation expecting the standards you are used to at home apply there.They dont. Before you know it, you will have translation problems, the need to find a lawyer, and all of a sudden your holiday disappears and costs accrue. This is doubly true if you are a private traveller without the vague protection of a package tour company.
So by all means engage in expensive purchases but dont expect too much in the way of rights attached to it. Its not like ASDA where you pitch up and get your money back.
Also, the original poster has vilified the shop involved to the agreement and support of many readers here. Although seeing that she is quite likely to have described the problem accurately and without exaggeration, it would be nice in the interests of fairness, to have heard the shops side of the story.
In general, it is by far the best tactic in countries where the law is either badly applied by police and other authorities, or biased in favour of locals to NOT get involved in any situation unless it is unavoidable like, for instance, a traffic accident involving injury or a hotel room theft.
You will go into the situation expecting the standards you are used to at home apply there.They dont. Before you know it, you will have translation problems, the need to find a lawyer, and all of a sudden your holiday disappears and costs accrue. This is doubly true if you are a private traveller without the vague protection of a package tour company.
So by all means engage in expensive purchases but dont expect too much in the way of rights attached to it. Its not like ASDA where you pitch up and get your money back.
Also, the original poster has vilified the shop involved to the agreement and support of many readers here. Although seeing that she is quite likely to have described the problem accurately and without exaggeration, it would be nice in the interests of fairness, to have heard the shops side of the story

Excellent post Lester.As frequent visitors to Thailand we know of dozens of stories involving disputes between Thais and"falang".Guess who always comes out on top.

Papa
I think in fairness to Gayle, she had been a customer of this shop for a number of years, and had counted them as friends, and wouldn't have expected to be ripped off in the same way an unscrupulous business may do to a new and maybe one-time customer.

Many people have purchased jewellery in Goa and have been pleased with the quality and valuation when they returned home.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.