France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I have stayed in Boulogne in the past and last trip I stayed here: http://www.hotel-alexandra.fr/ It is pretty reasonable and for a small extra charge you get breakfast.

Boulogne is not that far from Calais and has a rather nice aquaruim http://www.nausicaa.fr/ there. It is also quite a pretty town in the Olde part of Boulogne. There is also places to eat/shop there.

Speed ferries also operate there too unless you are definetely sailing to Calais.

HTH
Have done the same run many times and used to stay in St Omer, about a 30min run from Calais.Always used the Ibis hotel there, situated in the middle of the old quarter near the Cathedral, excellent value and very well kept. (car park locked at night). Just a few mins walk from the `Grand Place` complete with a Queen Vic Pub :( ...
But if you are planning to stay in St Omer, DON'T GO to the Formula 1 - a long way out and a most unpleasant lady manager. This is the only F1 I've had occasion to complain about - a few years ago now - and got a full refund straight away!
Calais is actually very nice. But if you don't want it then there are some very nice little towns on the coast between Calais and Boulogne such as Wissant and Wimereaux. Lots of little Chambre D'Hotes (B&Bs) at reasonable prices.
We stayed at the Ibis at Boulogne a couple of weeks ago had an excellent evening meal and breakfast too :) we stayed at the the one at the port which was a bit difficult to find on the one way system but we did pass the one in Centre Ville but I cannot vouch for the food there but easier to find
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.