Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
sorry to be not a lot of help,
The south is quieter than the North.
Small children and the sea around cadolim/ calangute don't mix well, although there are several beaches fairly near that are good for tots.
sure that someone with more knowledge will be along soon :)
Yes I stayed in Calangute the last time I was there and I absolutely loved it just wondered if it was the best place to take the kids and if it had changed a lot from when I was there in 95 I'm a bit scared I'll be disappointed if it's changed too much although I'm sure it's still beautifull.
Well it's changed a hell of a lot, (1999 our 1st time) and not just Calangute, which is more busy with traffic and more dirty with rubbish, still a great place to go but with kids to look after going along them roads (any roads in fact) just take more care.
Have fun where ever you end up !
It'll be a different kind of holiday with kids anyway :D They are used to visiting Luxor regularly as my husband is egyptian so it'll great to see how they react to Goa. Thanks for you replies !
Echoing previous replies - there are dangers for kids.
The sea is very dangerous at times - It often sweeps adults off their feet. The roads are perilous - both from traffic and potholes.
Adult Delhi belly is unpleasant but I'd be really worried if a youngster went down with it.
I have to be honest and say that I wouldn't take young children on holiday to Goa but I know there are loads of people who do and will shout at me for saying it! :tut
You'll probably hear from them soon!! :haha
whilst I agree about the sea and roads, I can't say that I would be unduly worried re "delhi belly".
using common sense about what (and where) you eat and drink, especially little ones and ice cream etc, should keep you safe.
neither my wife or I have ever had any problems in this respect.
as far as the sea goes, there are some lovely safe beaches a short taxi ride from Candolim/calangute/baga.
hi
i am sure rob (poipleshadow)would know the best places to take children
Thanks for you replies ! Think we will probably go Candolim/Calangute but I really fancied trying somewhere different. Don't want a big hotel, I don't like hotels but realise that a pool would be handy. Is it easy to book apartments as a package because it looks as though a package will be cheaper than doing it flight only. What's Benaulim like and where is it near? We have a trip to Luxor later this year so it won't be until next year so plenty of time to browse , wish we were going sooner :tup
What's Benaulim like

It is in south Goa just down from Colva and it is nice, a lot quieter than Calangute but probably more like the Goa you remember.

It sounds like your children are used to travelling and hot climates so you should have no extra problems here.

My daughter has been coming here for twenty plus years, since she was eight and now comes with her children a lot younger than yours and has no special problems also they are just as likely to get delhi belly in a UK, Spanish or Egyptian restaurant as here

At the moment it is a lot cheaper to book a scheduled return flight from Heathrow (£365) and local accommodation (£100/200 a week) than book a package but it changes all the time
Thanks for that :tup We've got a trip to Egypt in September so I've loads of time to keep an eye on the flight prices before we book anything. Because there are four of us we'll have to have two rooms if we have a hotel so maybe an aprtment would be better. In the past I've just found accomodation on arrival but with the kids with us I'll want something booked before we arrive so I'll be asking for information on apartments soon ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.