Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
which boat trip
8 Posts
where are you staying? If it is Los C or PDLA, just nip down to the harbour and there are loads and they are all in competition with each other so shop around to get the best price. I am under the impression they all cater well for children and certainly on the ones i have seen there have been plenty of thrilled youngsters on board..enjoy..
We went on the Freebird Catamaran from Porto Colon harbour in PDLA - it was lovely but we got very seasick :( I've never been seasick before on any other boats I've been on - I think it was when the boat stopped out in the ocean for a while and was just 'bobbing' in the water that did it for me :roll: Buy some travel-sickness tablets here in the UK and don't forget to take them with you :wink:
We've been out on the Royal Delphin several times now and would recommend it. We saw both Whales and Dolphins. I would choose one of the shorter trips (2hrs maybe) as in my opinion the others can be a little long. If you go on this one,the crew are good with the kids,but just watch them with the free sangria that's placed all around! Saw some young boys helping themselves when their parents weren't looking. :lol:
SHOGUN is the best imo since the demise of Nostramo. It is a 5 hour trip which takes in Los Gigantes and Masca as well as the obligatory whale spotting.
thanks for all your replys.
Freebird sailing is a popular choice with the holiday companies.

http://www.freebirdsailing.com

In refence to getting sick, I have found the seas to be pretty mixed in Tenerife and its quite hit and miss as to how calm the sea will be.
There's another pirate ship goes from Los Gigantes called Flipper Uno, the kids might like it

http://www.flipperuno.com/indexenglish.html
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.