UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Without a shadow of a doubt it has to be St. Ives in Cornwall - it may get very busy but it is so beautiful with a choice of lots of different beaches.
My second favourite is Whitby in North Yorkshire, completely different to St Ives but full of character and much easier for me to get to!!
Without any doubt, our favourite seaside places, can`t really class them as resorts, are in Scotland. Mainly Muasdale in Kintyre, but the whole of Kintyre is absolutely beautiful, then another favourite is Anstruther in Fife.
Swanage in Dorset is beautiful and not as busy as the more well known resorts in the South East.
I remember going into Swanage a couple of times when we were staying in our caravan at Durdle Door in 1981. We liked it there, but unfortunately have never been back.
It has to be Lyme Regis in Dorset, pretty habour, nice beach now and very loverly views across the bay from so many places including the cliff gardens.
Our choice would be Llandudno its 2 1/2 hr drive from us and its all flat so easy to walk up the front lovely little town and very clean lovely b/b's hotels. we just love it there we try and visit at least once a year..
My son and grandson went to Llandudno last year for the Eisteddfod. They said it was lovely there.
Luskentyre beach in Harris in the Western Isles. Pure white sand and aquamarine sea, Gorgeous!
St Abbs or Coldingham in the Scottish borders..also Flamborough Head or Thornwick Bay in North Yorkshire. None of them are traditional seaside places..but if I was to pick a traditional seaside resort it would be Scarborough.
Mine is anywhere in Cornwall,it means that I am visiting my eldest daughter and two of my grandchildren,so anywhere is great.We are going in July,Rachel lives in Newquay and my youngest son and grandson and grandaughter all love to surf.We especially love St Ives as a town ,also Padstow.
Oklahoma wrote:
Without a shadow of a doubt it has to be St. Ives in Cornwall - it may get very busy but it is so beautiful with a choice of lots of different beaches.
My second favourite is Whitby in North Yorkshire, completely different to St Ives but full of character and much easier for me to get to!!

You read my mind. Love them both, we're off to Whitby at Easter (also much easier for us). Not sure when we'll get to St Ives this year but will definitely squeeze it in somewhere.
St. Ives may be very pretty, but it`s also very hilly, so as I`m not very agile anymore, we tend not to go there now. We go instead to Mevagissey or St. Mawes when we`re in Cornwall, or the Lizard.
I agree re Sennen Cove and Kynance Cove, love the whole area around the Lizard.
May I also add, although not a "holiday resort", the tiny seaside hamlet of Muasdale, on Scotland`s Kintyre peninsula, takes a lot of beating for a quiet, peaceful and scenic holiday. We`re heading there for the 3rd time this summer, can`t wait!
another vote here for brighton. growing up and living in south london, its where I used to go as a child, then as an adult on a regular basis.
it used to be a quick 40 minute motorbike ride down there and I love it.
now living near kings lynn in norfolk, its a long ol way and we have to do an overnighter.
I feel the need to go there soon I want to check out chocckywoccydoodah ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.