Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hello May I suggest Lindos or Pefkos. You may however find Lindos too packed & expensive to eat out.For a quiet resort take a look at Haraki.A good sandy beach there & at Agathi beach, a walk away.
Agathi is to my mind the best beach on Rhodes.
Thanks tpebop

I have been recommended Pefkos previously and I have seen a number a possible package holidays there which may be suitable.

Not heard of Haraki though...I'm intrigued!! I am going to do some investigating tonight. What is the likely hood of finding DIY accomodation there? Also do you know how far away this resort is from the airport?

I'm debating whether to make use of the new RyanAir flights to Rhodes from near where I live and hire a car, DIY the accomodation or play safe and do the package and just hire a car and exlpore when we get there...
Hello. Haraki is about half way down the east coast.About 45 mins. from the airport. This is a very good for info
http://www.haraki.co.uk
Hi

We have also stayed at Haraki on our first visit many moons ago and as tpebob states the walk to the sandy Agathi beach only took ten minutes or so. We hired a motorbike then and toured all around visiting places as it is suited approximately central it was easy to drive in all directions when out for the day.The accommodation we stay in was along the front at the castle end and it was great we use to watch the ducks in the sea from the balcony after a hard day on the beach. Magic. :tup
I would definitely say Pefkos :) but i am prejudice maybe as i go there every year ! and have done for the past 10 years because i like beautiful beaches that are quiet and just good places to eat .
The 2 supermarkets are well stocked if you did want to do a bit of self catering, it is also only a short bus/taxi ride from Lindos which is worth a visit but too crowded to stay in.
Phyll
hi Ceri Evan.....from your post I would say Pefkos....plenty of lovely resturants that arent expensive...lovely beach....and Lindos only about 10/15 mins away in a taxi...go in the day then at night for a contrast....I went aug 2009....would love to go again....we had a family room in the Marianthi apartments....raised up on edge of main part of Pefkos and so gets a breeze...nice pool area....nice and quiet ....and just a few minutes walk from the main street where all the outdoor resturants are....lovely to walk for a meal a few drinks and back...have lovely memories of my nights there....tweetie

ps...the apartments were booked from first choice via thomsons....but I was checking same thing out on the net last year and they werent showing on either site....wether they have changed hands I dont know...or if you can book on a DIY ?...but they do have own web site
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I really do appreciate everyone's thoughts and advice...I feel an evening on 'googling' coming on :)
Tweetiepie you are quite right about the marianthi apartments, i have been there for the last 5 years but couldnt find any TO going now, so i get the impression you wud have to book as an independent traveller (not a good idea) as you dont get the ABTA protection .
AS for Pefkos i totally agree with you :)
Phyll
Independent travel is fine. You must however take out good travel insurance.Dont try to save money by going for basic cover
Hello again. just Googled Maranthi, & http://www.lowcostholidays.com seem to have them on their site
Yes I found them on there the other night...I'm just slightly concerned by the reviews on tripadvisor..they're really not good :(
However we're really not the overly fussy types and have stayed in some pretty dire places in the past :) Just worried by one that said they booked through Low Cost and when they arrived the owner had no record of them!!!!
if low cost are showing it,chances are it will be available through Fleetway travel [probably the largest independent travel agent going] like lo-cost they will do a DYNAMIC package so the same advise applies as would for a DIY... Dont skimp on the insurance

yasus
wizard
hi....I read the reviews myself....after the holiday had been booked on my behalf by my son....they were staying there too....it was his wedding.....think I did a few posts about it at the time....I was expecting the worse.....but had a lovely stay....family owned and run....really friendly people....every where was spotless....we had a family room ....2 bedrooms a bathroom and a kitchen.....my son and his wifes parents had double rooms....all the rooms were fine.....the only thing was aircon had to be paid for....I had it but they didnt and it was middle of august so was hot during the day in thier rooms...It was the best chill out holiday Ive had ....would not hesitate to go back to the marianthi apartments....think there is more than one block .....we were in the block overlooking the pool and bar...tweetie
I do understand why there were some poor reviews but for me (and i am fussy) it is still one of the best , bearing in mind that SC in Greece is very basic anyway.
I love that every apartment faces the lovely bay of Pefkos, the pool is lovely and the backdrop of the mountain is superb.
Because i couldnt find a TO going there anymore i am now booked at the Pefki Resort which also has good reviews, but i will miss the Marianthi :sun2
Phyll
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.