Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Bushbaby, I'm going to stick my neck out here and say Marakesh although I've never been there. We went to Agadir in April, having done some research and expecting warm weather. We were sorely disappointed- we'd been told to expect cloud first thing in the morning but then sunshine and hot temps from about 10.30/11 am- sadly it remained cloudy for most of the week. we did get the occasional burst of sun coming through but it never lasted very long.

On our return, a few people on this site stated that Agadir is known for it's haze/mist off the sea and that marakesh is a better bet. Hope you hear from someone that's been there in Nov/Dec that can advise you better.
Have a look at the "Wunderground" weather forecast website.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/60252.html

You can see there historical weather info for the last ten years.
And - it has a really nice feature where you can plug in your planned holiday dates and it will predict average weather for you based on the ten year average history, cloud cover, wind, and temperature. Very useful tool which works for many cities across the planet.
thanks for that ukbill - i have looked at the site but cant see where you put in your planned holiday dates for a weather prediction. can you tell me where you access this feature?
thanks.
Is it the "Plan your road trip" section? It asks there for dates and times.
where you put in your planned holiday dates for a weather prediction. can you tell me where you access this feature?

One easy way...
Google "Wunderground Agadir"
Then look on the LEFT side of the screen, further down and you shoud see "History and Almanac"
Plug in the month you are interested in and LAST year (not this year cos it doesn't know yet) click the view button
And then look over to the RIGHT side of the screen halfway down where you should see a button "Go to the trip planner"
Then you can put in the exact dates of your holiday and it will predict for you.

Hope this helps. Have a great holiday.
And if you stay in Agadir, then the overnight excursion to Marrakesh is a mustdo. You have to see the famous square at night.
We went to Marrakech the beginning of November it was hot, much nicer than we expected. We stayed in the Medina in a Riad which was brilliant, we spent most of the day walking and exploring then came back and crashed out on the roof terrace on the sunbeds for an hour or so. The evenings were a bit cooler but still nice. Not sure what sort of holiday you are looking for, whether you just want sun or sightseeing as well? If you are doing a DIY I'd really recommend staying in a Riad for a few nights, so you can really soak up the atmosphere, then maybe the rest of the time in a modern hotel in the new part with a swimming pool.
Its a great place, we loved it!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.