Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Who to Contact?
12 Posts
First question - what do you call "a long time" because I bet MyTravel have a different interpretation. And was it on the way out or coming home?

Going Places are also part of the Mytravel Group but if you complain to them all they can do is pass it on to Manos.

The Manos terms and conditions will say what you can expect in case of a delay, if they did that there's no point in complaining because you'll just get a vague "sorry" after a 28 day wait.
Thanks steve,
what do you call "a long time
"

Off the top of my head it was around 11-12 hour delay on the outbound flight

On arrival at Dalaman airport the rep that was waiting gave everyone from the flight a sheet of paper, which apologised for the delay and also said this;

"As your delay was over over 8 hours, some insurance companies will issue a payment. To assist with your claim a flight delay statement will be sent to either your home address or your travel agent."

Surprise, surprise the statement has not arrived. My mum flew home on 9th oct 07 so it looks as though they have forgot to send it out :roll:

Thats why i wanted to know who to contact as she needs this statement before she looks into making any claim. I did check the letter that my mum was given but there is nothing on there, i also checked the MyTravel website and drew a blank there too.
These things are never easy and straight forward are they? :evil:
Thanks again
over over 8

Excuse this part :lol: got a bit carried away typing :oops:
should read over 8
Hi,

You should ask your mum to check the terms of her insurance. If it is a bog standard policy, it is unlikely they will pay out at 8 hours.
I have found that most only pay after 12 hours and even then, the amount is minimal.

If her policy does pay at 8 hours, she should write to the TO (or write to Going Places and ask them to forward the letter on her behalf) and demand in writing the exact timings of the delay.

As has already been stated, provided your mum was looked after in the airport, ie food vouchers etc etc she won't get anything but an apology from the TO.

Louby
Loulou

It would be logical for the statement to be sent to wherever they sent the tickets, probably the Going Places shop. But before you chase round after it you'd better check the insurance policy to make sure it's worthwhile. If they might get something back you could try spending time in a queue waiting to speak to Manos "after travel services" on 0844 800 7985. The email is the dreaded Mytravel customer services black hole which isn't worth considering.

Other than insurance, passengers have very few entitlements in the event of a delay, just to be fed at certain intervals and suitable accomodation if they are stuck for a long time overnight. I've just read the Manos terms and conditions and they specifically say that they expect the airline to take care of this.

The only other way to get real compensation from the company would be if you had documentary evidence that the delay was down to some form of mistake or incompetence by them - and even then you'd probably need to take them to court.
Thanks, i will tell my mum to check her policy then see what can be done.

The airline used was XL.
We had a 33 hr delay with Xl and were given a letter of confirmation when we got off the plane .the letter that the insurance company will need should state the original departture/landing times and the delayed times ,also the reason for the delay which will most likely be "technical" :roll: . I would Of thought XL could provide you with a letter if you still have the flight number and it was originally scheduled as an XL flight. I would ring them as you may be able to cut out the middle man and speed things up. As steve says I doubt very much if you will be able to claim from anyone other your insurance anyway . this was what we got . over 12 hours only - £40 per insured passanger and a further £20 for each additional 12 hours . less any excess. so unfortunately not a lot unless you have a large family . we clawed back £60 x 5 of us . £300 and fortunately paid a little extra on our insurance for nill excess. :D and as i say that was for a 33 hr delay.
OMG 33 hours :shock:
Thanks for the reply xx
in january of this year we had a 16 hour delay in cardiff coz of very very high winds we got put up in a 5star hotel for the day in cardiff had a fab day used the spa.......pool and all the hotel acilities all free was fab ..my travel did us proud and people there were moaning and talking claims ....it was to windy to fly not safe we had a great day in a hotel that i personly could not afford to spend any time in ....admittadly we lost a day of our hols in benidorm but we wre not stuck in the airport so
my thanks to thomsons for looking after us
oops sorry said my travel it was thompsons
to many lagers tonight :P :P :P :P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.