General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Don't really mind the packing itself - it's the list making and thinking of what clothes to take that I don't like. I just wish sometimes that hubby would share the burden - but that's highly unlikely - hasn't packed a single thing in over 33 years :que
I don't mind packing, it's the unpacking I can't stand.
Like Helen says its the lists that bug me.
I am lucky - lay everything out and hubby packs :really I unpack and put everything away at the other end.
Irene
Yes: I absolutely hate it.
Too many decisions as to what take/not take/ or 'what goes with what'
People think you're daft if you say it, as it's part of the build-up to a holiday but it drives me nuts!
( as for doing husband's packing.... no way! Fortunately mine is able to pack in about 15 minutes, and can't understand the mountain I make out of this molehill!)
Anyway Kazza........ have a great holiday & guess what? .......I wish I was packing now!! :rofl
Marlou wrote:

Totally agree - I don't mind the packing as its the start of the hols, it's the unpacking the other end I don't like - when I get there I just want to go and explore but you have to unpack so that everything is not crreased up etc.
Miss Pink wrote:
Marlou wrote:

Totally agree - I don't mind the packing as its the start of the hols, it's the unpacking the other end I don't like - when I get there I just want to go and explore but you have to unpack so that everything is not crreased up etc.

Got to agree with you both.

I'll be packing again this week for our visit to Seahouses.
I am completely the opposite.
Don't like packing, i end up "supervising"
But list writing is done and enjoyed, being gradually built up
I hate the wife packing.................kitchen sink comes to mind lol

harry
i hate the thought of packing , but dont mind once i have started , i dont make lists , all mental . Never pack for hubby he does his own , and he unpacks and hangs clothes up and put things away once there , different story when we get back tho , if i didn't unpack his case it would never get done
I enjoy the preparation - lists, shopping etc and always look forward to packing mainly because I know it means we are actually going, but the reality is I hate packing and panic as soon as all the clothes, toiletries etc are laid out on the bed. As soon as I look at it, I absolutely dread it and go cold. As for unpacking when we get there, thats one job I can do without and cant wait till its finished. I usually do it as soon as we are there so that once its done, I can relax.
I quite enjoy the packing pick, I pack mine, my husband's and the girls stuff. I don't like wasting my time there unpacking though and I have to get it out of the way quickly as soon as I get there.

I absolutely loath packing for the way home though, everything just gets shoved in :rofl
I don't mind packing but i do it the day before we leave and rely on lists.When we arrive at the hotel the first thing i do is unpack..hang clothes up,put things in drawers and toiletries in bathroom. Our friends that we holiday with are the complete opposite. she packs about a week or so before travel and then lives out of her suitcase (ironing everything as and when she wants to wears it!!). :que
I think i will carry on my way :) :cheers Paula
I hate it!!! not only do I have mine,but hubbys and kids too.Only thing hubby has to pack is his toiletries and he always forgets something :que
Not too keen on the packing and checking and re-checking the many lists I must admit.

Have to do Hubbys as well and my daughters (well she is only 6) !! Then all I get all evening is "Have you packed this? Have you packed that?" !!

As soon as we get to hotel it's normally a bite to eat and a drink then I pack the two of them off to the pool so that I can get on with unpacking and finding a little home for everything.

Couldn't live out of suitcase - would drive me barmy!

Always seems a lot quicker on way home. Not so worried then - just chuck it all in!
Hippyjak

Im the same it all gets shuffed in on the way home, but I pack everything in order, just toiltries to go in my mums suitcase, mine is full now...if im over ...tough..i think im over by 1 kilo judging by my scales..

I tend to unpack straight away as soon as I get there, we are on an early flight so will arrive at 11ish so unpack, change then head to a bar or cafe for some lunch/tapas and vino...well deserved..especially cos Il be stressed always am after panicing waiting for the case to come around the carousel...cant wait, off to manchester airport 3.30am thursday morn... :sun2
I don't mind packing but it takes me a few tries to do it all :rofl
i hate packing as well it's 69 days till i go on holiday and im starting to dread it..
It's the unpacking when I get home that really gets to me - that mountain of washing to be done, putting away the stuff that's only used on holidays (and remembering where that was - am I the only one over the years who has accumulated lots of power adaptors because I've had to buy yet another one at the airport because I couldn't remember where I'd put last year's one?), putting the passports and left over Euros 'somewhere safe', stashing the cases away up in the loft until next time, in fact returning everything such as the phone and camera chargers to their usual 'home' etc. I hate it so much that the semi-unpacked cases hang around the spare bedroom for weeks before I actually finally complete the job.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.