Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Booked a week in June at the Hotel Nevis in Hisaronu. Can't WAIT.
hi :) everyone.im going in june.i cant wait.greenpark appartments.anyone else going early june.heidi.
Going back to Grand Aquarium in Icmeler but this time for 14 nights (went for 10 this year and not enough lol).
Will be going on 30th July and returning on 13th August.
Going with my wife and daughter (who will be 16 in April). It was my daughters first time abroad last year and she just fell in love with the place...

I'll be booking in a couple of weeks (then it's official lol).

Already can't wait, I just love Icmeler :D :sun2

Justin
Booked for next May, IC Green palace, Lara beach for a change. Will probably go to Wow Bodrum resort in September. :tup
Just booked for Kos in early Sept and a toss up between Side Turkey and Pula Croatia for May - seen a week AI at adults only (Thomson Couples) for less than £500.
Woohooo...

Holiday booked

2 weeks at Grand Aquarium in Icmeler from 29th July to 12th August with a fly-out time from Leeds Bradford of 13:50 and return time of 21:10, back in uk for 23:35.

Booked it with Jet2 with free child place for 16 year old. Total cost of £1788.88 (including meals, seat reservations, luggage & shuttle transfer) so pretty chuffed with that.

Went for 10 days this year but felt it wasn't long enough, hence 14 nights this time.

Don't want to wish my life away but really looking forward to it.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone on the forum and all mods a very Happy Christmas and a prosperous 2013 :D :cheers :sun2
We have booked up to go back to the alba queen colakli in September 2013 for the second time . We went there this September for a week and had a great time so going for two weeks this time. :cheers
Just booked for the Magic Tulip in Olu Deniz in May for 10 days, 132 days and counting, cant wait :) ;) :)
off back to HIsaronu on the 31st May and again in August 22nd roll on a bit of sun :sun2
I think those of us who aren't going away until June and afterwards will all be counting down the months thanks to all the drizzle :(

Am suitably jealous of those who are going away in the next few weeks :D
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
I think those of us who aren't going away until June and afterwards will all be counting down the months thanks to all the drizzle :(

Am suitably jealous of those who are going away in the next few weeks :D

And SNOW!!!

Correct about counting down the months but the good thing is, I'll be able to save a lot of pennies lol (hoping to take around £2,000 spends for the 2 weeks in Icmeler)...
I haven't been on this board for a couple of years. Last year we travelled to Italy (Rome, Lake Garda and Venice) and the year before to New York and Orlando. The year before we went to Icmeler which I disliked so much I will never return to that part of Turkey and the year before that was Florida and Fuerteventura. . I can't believe its been 5 years since we went to Olu - apart from Florida the only place we've returned to. . . .and now we are going back :D
So, we have booked to go August 15th for 10 nights, staying at the Liberty Hotel Olu Deniz, flying from Birmingham with Monarch, while we are 1 adult and 1 child, both are classed as adults, b&b twin room with pool view, including 2 checked bags of 20kg (hand luggage of 10kg each) including private taxi transfer too for £1214.

When I looked earlier in the weekend it was almost £1500, was £1311 this morning, and almost £100 cheaper when I heard back from the dog home boarder who confirmed she was free.

219 days to go LOL

(we have a week in Cornwall for May half term, with the dogs and my sons friend) but this will be my countdown. :)
Karen_uk wrote:
The year before we went to Icmeler which I disliked so much I will never return to that part of Turkey

Really, what didn't you like about Icmeler? I went last year and absolutely fell in love with the place (and people)?

193 sleeps for me and can't wait... :)
I hated Olu Deniz and couldnt wait to leave but I love Icmeler and go every October. :tup
Each to their own. I hated it will never return.

The only really nice time we had there was when we ventured over to Turunc . . .sad thing was, we had to return at the end of the day. I didn't like the area, it felt much more "hassly" than other towns etc we've been to, the beach wasn't that great, lost count of the amount of cigarette ends we had to peel off our feet. The hotel wasnt that great . . .and we ventured to Marmaris and that was even worse. We had a few poor meals too, and in one place we weren't left alone for a minute to eat in peace. They kept picking up my sons PSP and chucking it around between themselves, hassling us through every course, we had our mains and left. But more so, I found the whole of this area so far from being "turkey" over the other areas we have ventured off to, even from Olu. Often to places we would never have found had we not had such a welcome and local introduction from the locals . . we didn't find that same "welcome" or "feel" or even that we were actually in Turkey in Icmeler.

But as I said, each to their own. For me it goes down as one of my worst holidays ever and comes close to our trip to the Dom Rep when we were violently ill for 50% of our trip!
Karen_uk wrote:
Each to their own. I hated it will never return.

The only really nice time we had there was when we ventured over to Turunc . . .sad thing was, we had to return at the end of the day. I didn't like the area, it felt much more "hassly" than other towns etc we've been to, the beach wasn't that great, lost count of the amount of cigarette ends we had to peel off our feet. The hotel wasnt that great . . .and we ventured to Marmaris and that was even worse. We had a few poor meals too, and in one place we weren't left alone for a minute to eat in peace. They kept picking up my sons PSP and chucking it around between themselves, hassling us through every course, we had our mains and left. But more so, I found the whole of this area so far from being "turkey" over the other areas we have ventured off to, even from Olu. Often to places we would never have found had we not had such a welcome and local introduction from the locals . . we didn't find that same "welcome" or "feel" or even that we were actually in Turkey in Icmeler.

But as I said, each to their own. For me it goes down as one of my worst holidays ever and comes close to our trip to the Dom Rep when we were violently ill for 50% of our trip!

Wow, that doesn't sound like the same place I went last year, the locals were all very friendly and polite, meals were fantastic (and I'm a fussy eater - I won't eat any old c rap lol).
We also had a great hotel (Grand Aquarium) and again, the staff were fantastic and so much fun to be around - in fact I now have most of them on facebook lol.

Yes, the restaurant staff can be quite pushy to get you to eat there but a polite (and insistant) no would get the message across but once inside, we never got hassled.

Seems you maybe had a particularly bad experience and that has (understandably) put you off the place for life. Sorry to hear that and enjoy your 2013 holiday :cheers :sun2

Justin
Hi just booked the blue lagoon hotel olu deniz first time so a little nervous been to gumbet and yalicavak and loved it there.Going the 12-26th august cant wait has anyone got info on this hotel of resort as would be much appreciated :tup :D :D :) :)
christine 06 wrote:
Hi just booked the blue lagoon hotel olu deniz first time so a little nervous been to gumbet and yalicavak and loved it there.Going the 12-26th august cant wait has anyone got info on this hotel of resort as would be much appreciated :tup :D :D :) :)

you will enjoy it nice hotel and great part to holiday in
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.