Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
We're going in April and May/June, and are waiting for the September flights to be released by EasyJet. :wave
Well the good news is that Dave is back, I have not put up a report for some time as I could not log on for some reason, but any way I am back and yes I have got two hoildays booked for this year so far and both are to the Algarve. First we are going back to Albufeira in July and then we will be back in Tavira in October.
If you would like to know any thing about Albufeira, Tavira or Lagos the three main towns we go to just let me know and I will help were I can.
Dave.
Hello again Glynis it seem that I can still only get on as the the realholidaymaker and new member it seems I am doomed to be a new member. I just can't get on here as my proper name so it looks like I will have to put up with it. Thanks for your help, all the best, Dave.
Hi Dave,

I'm just out at the moment ill sort this out and send you a new password on my return :)
I know this is not about the topic of going to the Algarve, so this will be the last post about this, but I have to thank Glynis and Phil for all there help to get me back on Holiday Truths under my own name and not the imposter I was.

So just to let you all know that me and Mrs real holidaymaker are going to Albufeira in July and then to Tavira in October, so we will be looking to have a real good holiday in both resorts.

To finish again I would like to thank Glynis and Phil for there help sorting out my login problem, thanks

Dave.
Anytime, just glad to see you back with us Dave :tup

Have popped into Tavira a couple of times when we stayed at Cabanas. Have a great time Dave and hope to hear all about your holidays :sun2
just under 4 weeks then we will be in albuferia.
hope weather ok
11 weeks on wednesday we will head to albufeira for the first time,staying at the forte da oura :cheers
Well we are now into count down time with less than 10 weeks to go, holiday is all paid for seats on the plane sorted, car park at Luton booked and paid for, holiday list just been printed off so now have to get all the things on it over the next few weeks (e g sun cream and the likes) Start holiday tee shirt and shorts buying this Saturday. Just got to hope the pound against the euro picks up a bit not very good at the mo.
Ooo exciting time now Dave :tup 9 weeks for us, I tried to do a bit of holiday clothes shopping the other week but I think due to the bad weather here the summer stuff is late coming out as there was still lots of sale stuff around. Plus lots of jumpers :yikes
Just come back from Albufeira mid March Managed to have some sunny weather. The previous weeks apparently were wet and unsettled.
Have booked again for June. Taking all the family this time.
Well hear we are again and its hard to think of but in 9 weeks today I will in a nice restaurant or bar in Albufeira with 2 weeks of doing not a lot, and then when we get back we have to start all over again as it will then be 12 weeks and then its of to Tavira, o what fun.
Update on our holiday, well the e-tickets have come and now my printer has ran out of black ink :que
Your holiday is coming up quickly now Dave I've nearly forgotten mine already. We got 1.15 exchange in Kettering three weeks ago I don't know what it is now. Don't suppose we'll see you on Saturday as you'll be going to a bigger town for all your holiday clothes. I'll be interested to read your report when you return or better still will meet up to see your photos, glad you're back on here again.
As I seem to be the only one going there this year, for a two week holiday in July I just want to say its down to lest than 5 weeks now in fact in 5 weeks we will have been there two days, and we will have been on a sun bed most of today with our new beach towels I have a union jack one this year. With the time at just past 8.00pm I would think we will looking at the restaurant list and about to have a nice meal from it.
Update, well what a game it has been, anybody from the midlands will know of Wilkingsons it is a shop that sells things cheap.
I always get my printer ink from here as the do there own brand refills for my Epson, well as you know it ran out of black last week and I got a new one last Saturday ready to print my e-tickets. Well it did not work, and as well as telling me I had no black it also said that the colour had ran out as well, well I know it was alright for the coloured ink as I had only just put new ones in.
So I went back told them that this one did not work and they gave me another one, so back home I fitted the new one in again and yes that one did not work, so it was back to the shop and this time I paid the extra for a proper Epson and yes it is all ok now, so the e-tickets have been printed so we are all set for take off.
So is there a moral to this, well the own brand ink cost me £5.00 and the real Epson one cost £13.00, the three colour plus black own brand costs £13.00 and a real three colour costs £34.00.
Up till this week the own brand has always worked that is why I get them, the main reason I get the cheap one is that when Thomson save money by making me print of our e-tickets I don't mind but five pages is a lot of ink when two pages without all the adverts would make me a lot happier. (rant over)
I print all my holiday stuff off in the library Dave, think it's 15p a page.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.