Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Wifi in Marmaris
12 Posts
Not sure about wifi , but lots of the bars etc offer you free internet use if you are drinking/eating in their premises - came in useful for teenage daughter.
Marmaris is a really big place, Might help if your more specific eg what hotel you going to, I always take Laptop to Turkey and havent found a wi fi zone anywhere in Marmaris, Although as said in the previous post its available in many many bars, You might find a wi fi zone in Mcdonalds note 2 of these are in Marmaris.
Hi, I'll be staying at the Club Candan,

just hoping to use my iphone when I'm out and about to be honest! and hopefully make some friends jealous when I can upload photos on facebook :sun2

what sort of prices do they charge at the bars?

thanks again

valmiki
In the bars most of them are free, In internet cafes you pay 2.5 lira per hour but that was 3 years ago I dont know what it is now.
Download WiFinder from the App store onto your iphone, you can set it to keep scanning every xx number of seconds defined by you and alert you when it finds an open wifi hotspot, Use it for a couple of nights and you will know where they are available in your local area, obviously set the number of seconds so it doesn't kill your battery, I think once a minute while your walking around should be about right.

Dave
thanks, I'll look for the app.

I suppose I am asking for a little too much hoping that there would be a wifi map for Marmaris!

cheers

valmiki
this was last posted 2 years - have things improved on the free wifi situation there now? am going in a couple of weeks and want to know if be able to use the internet on my phone

thanks
I never did find any apps - keep your eyes peeled though, I found that a few cafes that had free wifi access ;-)
The apartments we are staying at (Club Maric) have told me yes they do but spoke to a girl who stayed there last week and she said they hadn't!!!

Have just e-mailed the apartments next door (Club Amaris) to see if they do lol!
Our hotel had wifi but they charged, and I'm guessing most hotels do - the nicer and more trendy cafes were the ones that had wifi. I;m sure you'll find somewhere once you're there ;-)
yeah - depends how much they charge, wouldn't mind paying too much, have the iphone so be good to be able to use it fully lol!!

will let you know if i find anything - have also just e-mailed a local contact ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.