Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We have always gone self catering for the last 6 years in Turkey,I had been toying with the idea of maybe going all inc this year,but after reading up on a lot of reviews,majority not so good,Ive booked to go self catering again,I will now be spoilt for choice which restaurant to eat in each evening,georgous steaks,and excellent service,might cost me a bit more,but it will be worth it.We do a lot of the all inc boat trips,very cheap,so we wouldnt have had the benefit of all inc package in a hotel.
The best places to stay are self-catering villas. There are lots available, but do look very carefully where they are situated. Many are up on the hillsides, most definitely not within walking distance of the centre of the resort. Then you have the best of both worlds. You can enjoy lovely al-fresco dining at your villa, or eat out in restaurants of your choice.
Ive been to turkey ALOT and to be honest It just doesnt feel the same for me no more! So i dont think im going next year! Might just do 1 visit in September or something!
hi kedi
just been on website on the beach and prices to dalaman in july £224
thats from manchester
tony
In response to the original question, one thing you do have to remember is that Turkey is quite popular with other countries outside of the UK. The main nationalities that visit Turkey are the Germans and Russians. Germany is in recession so is likely to have less people travelling - with the strong Euro, many that do will choose to stay within the Eurozone. Russia will also have been hit by the economic crisis, and has also seen a lot of its income fall due to the collapse in oil prices. So yes it is likely that more Brits will visit Turkey this year, however I wouldn't be surprised to see this offset by a slight decline in those visiting from other countries.
Thanks Tony but we are going to Bodrum from Gatwick. Bodrum is always more expensive than Dalaman anyway.

I think you have a good point there Steview, there are also a lot of Dutch people normally but I don't know what the situation is there at the moment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.