Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Wind up!
12 Posts
Iain,I can see some of the joker's on here just putting their thinking caps on right now,i cant wait to see what some of them come up with..
Thinking cap on....How about, you've just learnt there is a local election whilst you're there and they won't be able to drink alcohol. Has some element of truth if there were to be an election!! No good if they don't drink of course.
Ian.Being that your going in march will you be there for HOLI if so make up that it's one of the indian gods birthday or some celebration day and everybody has to have their hair dyed green or orange :rofl tell them it's a offence not have it done and can serve a fine..
Haha..love the idea about being alcohol free! It actually happened to me in 2008 during local elections. Someone offered me a bottle of Honeybee for Rps800!! I turned it down. My mate is a BIG drinker so that fits perfectly.

Yep, It's HOLI...local tradition is to cover yourself in paint PRIOR to leaving the hotel that morning.

Cheers peeps! :cheers
We were talking to a couple in a bar who are regular long-stay visitors to Goa.

They'd finally persuaded their friends to take a holiday there and met them at the airport.
Driving back towards Candolim, they stopped at the fish market and pointed out this building opposite (imagine the smell) that was derelict - no windows panes in, rubbish piled high in the garden etc etc - and told them that it was their hotel.
The guy even went so far as to take their cases out of the boot.
He said their faces were a picture - until he confessed it was a wind-up.
Haha...PPC Excellent one! What a smelly place they are!!
dining in the Dehli Darbar one evening, i told a newbie (mate) that the bowl of water with the rose petals floating in it was to freshen your mouth up in between courses. Oh yes !!! both me and every waiter in the place needed to be picked up off the floor.
and of course theres the custom that on your first night at the meets you buy the first and last drinks for every one who comes that night including the staff,
Years ago when i was a teenager and my parents took me to Goa, my dad told my mum that we needed to take our own water. My mum went to Asda and bought a massive bottle of water, just to see us through until we found a 'proper' shop :rofl

I dont know if she expected us to just pack the bottles of water in our cases and take no clothes :que
Years ago my daughter was going on holiday to, I think it was Morroco. She has a phobia about snakes and was terrified about them coming into her room whilst she was sleeping. I told her the guarranteed way to be safe was to take a ball of rough nylon string with her and make up four small rings with the string, and place the legs of the bed inside the rings. The snakes would'nt cross the rough texture of the string, and would be unable to climb the legs of the bed, so she'd be safe. She reported complete success with this, and for several years it was an essential part of her packing. She was'nt too pleased when I told her it was a load of nonsense.
Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.