EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
This would be a good place to post your question

http://andaluciaprojects.com/phpBB2/
I wish you luck in wanting to start you own business here in Spain but the one you have chosen will be falling on deaf ears.
:rofl That was a rather blunt reply, but I must say I agree with you :D
Unless of course, you are targeting the expat community. I was very sceptical when a hypnotherapist set up a "stop smoking" business here in Lanzarote. A few of my friends have tried it and were successful, so I did go along, only to be told I wasn't "ready" to give up yet!!!!! I don't think he has actually had any Spanish clients yet, though I could be wrong.
Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the expats and also the holidaymakers as the process only takes about 4 hours. Even getting people to book there treatment before they leave the UK via a website.

I know what you mean about the spanish and smoking though. I would not even attempt to convince someone that was not ready to quit.

Madsue,

I know you were put out by them saying no but that just shows you how some therapists want you to succeed rather than just taking your money.
With my method you change your percaeption of what cigarettes do for you first then get the permission of your subconscious mind to let go of smoking.

Thanks
IAN
Im an expat living in Tenerife. I quit smoking two years before coming out here and instantly started again once here. Ciggies are so cheap. :shock:

In the UK quitting has the advantage of saving you money. When I packed in I managed by eating for England! Unfortunatly out here in the land of cheap ciggs this is going to be expensive.

Eating for Spain will cost me more than smoking! :cry:

So the subconcious tactics may need slight adjustment in Spain :D
Ian, I wasn't put out by him saying I wasn't ready to give up smoking, I was actually impressed by the fact he said that!!! He then gave me a relaxation tape free of charge to help me, saying that when I thought I might be ready, to then call him again.

i will agree with makum110 though, the cost of cigarettes is not going to be an incentive for giving up to anyone living in Spain, expat or local. They are just too cheap!!

The one thing I didn't like, was that "my" hypnotherapist was reading from a script from the computer, and made no alterations to it, with the result, that some parts were quite irrelevant to life here in Spain.
I saw your posting on the idea of setting up a Stop Smoking Clinic in the Costa del Sol. I have been coming to Del Sol for over 15 years and I do smoke. I must say that I wish you all the best with your venture as you will find it difficult being that possibly as much as 80% of the people I see when I am over are smokers. This is unfortunately due to the low cost to buy them. Good Luck anyway!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.