Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi for what i see electrical goods are the same price as back home.
Thanks I thought I'd heard something similar to this, never mind he'll just have to find something else to spend his money on. :(
If you are making a stop in Barhain you will almost definatley get one there and I would expect them to be a bit cheaper. A few years ago I got a Playstation2 there and it was cheaper than in the U.K. Alan
ditto remarks re bahrain.
got my i-pod £30 cheaper than uk.
not much time to look around there though. a quick decision is called for!!

just wondered also if versions for India will be compatable with UK software :?

del949
As the previous posts state Electricals are much the same price as in the UK. Might be worth your while seeking out a guy called Samir in the Gulf Supermarket (18th June Rd Panjim, next to Bombay Bazaar). Samir can get his hands on most things and I'm sure i've seen PS2's and XBox on his display shelf.
Goldenflipflop
Hi,
No point in buying one there if it breaks down how will you get it repaired? Excuse for a return holiday i suppose. Electrical items we looked at were cheaper here by far. Bahrain is expensive for this type of goods.
sue.
impala.
dp you mean Bahrain in general or just the duty free?
cameras seemed to be same price as England at duty free but my Creative juke box was around £30 cheaper than best on-line price in UK. No idea on X - box etc

del949
Hi del949,
Just the duty free. Everything we priced up. dvds, etc were much dearer due to all the good offers we seem to get over here. Electrical goods in general i.e dvds, video cameras. cameras etc that we priced up whilst in India were more than double the price we get them for over here. They do have cheaper versions but they also have copies like Toshiba and Sony that are not original.
Sue.
i wouldnt recommend buying electrical goods from goa merely because as mentioned above.. if there is a problem with the good(s) you cant return it, it will most likely be a 2 pin plug, some games arent compatible and i dont think they would be any cheaper! talking from experience.. my brother bought a ps2 from thailand.. it broke and his games werent compatible etc!! and we found out when we got back home the ps2 was in fact around about the same price in the uk!
I visted the Apple shop in Panjim hoping the ipods and laptops would be cheaper but they were on average 20% dearer than the standard RRP in the UK.
Didn't see an XBoxes anywhere.
Impala
surprised at that, not the cameras though.
not something that we will need to worry aout this time as the flight is direct with no stop off. not long now!!
got my new camera for the trips and my music for the beach so got everything I need,
del949
I also tried the Apple shop in Panjim for I-Pods, if you take a copy of your passport and return air ticket you can get a discount (ask the guy in the shop to show you the printout with discounted prices). I did some research and found that you could get I-pods cheaper in Duty Free from Dixons at Heathrow.....I'm having one brought out in a couple of weeks.
Goldenflipflop
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.