Company No: 04515752
Registered Office:
Incorporated: 21/08/2002 C/O A C PHOTI & CO
EAST HOUSE
109 SOUTH WORPLE WAY
LONDON
SW14 8TN

Company Type: Private Limited
Hi, i'ved used xcape about 6/7 times now, mainly for weekend breaks but also for a two week stay in bellevue, alcudia, majorca. Never had any problems and I agree, cheapest i've found.
Are they ABTA and ATOL bonded, cant find any sign of this on their web site
Fiona
I would definately not reccommend this company! They telephoned me 1 week before my holiday to tell me that my hotel had been overbooked, I had booked this holiday months in advance! The staff who I spoke to where very unfriendly and unhelpful. The only hotels they offered me where cheaper than what I had originally paid and did not offer any type of conpensation or good quality hotels. The whole experience leading up to my holiday was a complete nightmare and I ended up having to borrow money to pay for another hotel with another company because it took so long for Xcapewithus to return my money to the bank. The company knew how upset and distressed I was and did nothing to help.

Worst holiday company I have ever ever booked with!
Xcapewithus.com has ceased trading today. More information for customers is available at http://www.xcapewithus.com

David :wave
:yikes Wow I often look at their site. Thanks David.
They took my balance on 29 April, not impressed. Not sure what to do now :( .
hI
tHAT IS TYPICAL of them, take the balance when they knew they would be going bust!
fiona
tHAT IS TYPICAL of them, take the balance when they knew they would be going bust!
fiona

Report them to The Financial Services Authority. They had to be aware that it was looming.

fwh

fwh
Unfortunately, I took the option to pay buy by debit card so I'm not sure whether I'm covered to get the money back like you do with credit cards. Someone has said I might be able to claim on my travel insurance? Luckily I have a yearly policy so I might get a refund. Apparently, Xcape With Us are emailing people but I used my works email addy so it will be Tuesday before I can read it. Just wondering whether I ought to book with another agency or try and get in touch with the hotel to see if my booking has been paid for.
:think
Have a word with your hotel first to see what the situaton is, they may have already paid your hotel, and it might just be flights you need

good luck

fiona
I booked a hotel on 10 January and this reservation has not been honoured. I did not receive an email from the company but, as I leave tomorrow, I printed out a fresh copy of the voucher only to discover the sad news. I paid by Visa Debit so I shall try to ascertain from the bank what the position is.

11 June
I have now been reimbursed. If you have paid by Visa Debit, you must insist that your bank requests a refund through Chargeback. I think this is a fairly new development and it is clear that many bank employees are totally unaware of it.
  • Edited by Euphemia 2009-06-11 20:19:36
I booked with this company in January and added an additional person on my booking on the 14th April. I had only booked a nights stay in a hotel in Lloret, due to flight changes etc our other accomodation for a further 5 nights was with another company (thank god) who coudn't accomodate an extra night. I had no email to state they had gone bust and we arrived at our hotel on Wed last week to be told we had no rooms!!!! Fortunately our apartments were able to take us for the extra night. I think this is absolutely disgusting. Fortunately we were 6 adults in our 40's and know the resort well. Imagine a family or elderly people who have booked a week or longer. They would have to find alternative accomodation and pay up front for it.

Please check your bookings before you travel.
Really high the Goverment stepped in to protect people with all these "Midnight Cowboys" out there.
People work damned hard to pay for there breaks without getting ripped off, give it a couple of months and they will have opened up again under another name

fiona
Paid for my hotel with my Visa Debit card and it was refunded last week. Brilliant service from
Alliance & Leicester. :D
Good New Pargaluvva. :tup Nice to see Visa honouring Debit Card payments as well as Credit Card payments
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image