Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Had heard rumours on the grapevine that Libra as a company are a bit rocky.................... but stress it's a rumour - be cautious.......
Hi Bex,
We have flown Astraeus into Taba on several occasions when booked with Longwoods for the Coral Hilton. It would follow, therefore, that Longwood would have altered their flights too. Maybe you could ring Longwood and check who they are using this christmas if you have any worries abolut Libra?
I can understand how gutted you feel at being let down like this! Hope everything works out okay!
Thanks Carrot

Our two week holiday has now been moved a day earlier, going with Longwood Gatwick to Taba on Thomson flights. Our daughter's one week holiday is still with Libra going a day later Gatwick to Sharm, so fingers crossed no more changes for her. It is all very worrying.

Still no had our 3 Oct letter as yet informing us of this, so I expect a lot of people are unaware of the Libra situation regarding Gatwick flights.

We have now got 5 travelodge rooms between us on 20 and 29 Dec that are no use to us, so will put them on ebay. Hopefully will be able to move our hotel/parking with no penalty.

Then to top it all yesterday blew head gasket on car, so hopefully no more disasters are going to fall in my direction!!
Hi Bex
Sorry to read of your troubles ( we lost our trip last November with Ezy Travel ! ) but surely you have not paid your Travel lodge money only made a reservation ,in which case you are in plenty of time to cancel without losing anything. Good luck.

Apple
Glad you're sorted now, Bex. I would say though, for the benefit of others too, that the transfer to Nuweiba from Sharm is quite painless and not much longer timewise than the transfer from Taba.
If you are doing a DIY holiday, Sharm has a much greater choice of flights than Taba, so you have far more flexibility.
Hi Apple

Unfortunately, the travelodges are booked and paid for saver rooms and although they can be cancelled they cannot be amended or refunded.

Hi Carrot

Am going to get Soliman to pick them up from Sharm when they arrive as I think it is only about $40 pp.

Do you think it is worth writing a letter outlining our inconvenience and irriation caused by Libra's actions.

Cheers

Bex
It's got to be worth writing, Bex, even if it gets little response. Maybe they'll offer you a voucher against a future trip with Libra? That's the usual "get out" the t/o's use when they mess up peoples arrangements. They seem to care, not one iota, for the anguish and inconvenience they cause, just for their profits.
It may be an idea to write to Travelodge too, explaining what's happened and stressing that you are regular customers, etc., etc. They could just feel inclined to offer you some sort of recompense. If you don't ask, you don't get!
I know that our Londgood Holiday last year got moved when they stoped the Thursday Aestreus flights to Taba. Luckily we hadn't booked parking, etc before we knew...
Hi Apple

What happened when you lost your Ezy holiday? Were you able to get your money back?

Bex
Hi Bex
we were eventually paid out in full, deposit and everything but it was too late for us to get another holiday, ended up going to Kenya in January. However this Monday we're flying off to the Coral for 2 fabulous weeks ( booked through Jetline who've given us good deals in the past)

Apple
Hi Apple

Thanks for getting back to me.

Hope you have a fab fortnight, I am sure you will. So with Jetline are you with Libra or Longwood?

Could you do me a favour and suss out the situation on the ground re Libra, please. My biggest worry is that Mark and I will get there on the 14 Dec and that out daughter's holiday will be mucked up and we will not be together at Xmas!! My husband is home from Afghanistan on 7 Dec for a month, it is important to us that we are all together over Xmas

Someone said earlier that the weather was the hottest during October they had had, hope the weather is fab for you too. We had quite a cold Xmas last year so any improvement will be a bonus.

Thanks

Bex
Hi Bex
I'll speak to Russel and explain that you'll be with Longwood for 2 weeks while your daughter is with Libra for 1 ( arriving a day later), take it you want rooms next door to each other?
We're with Longwooods.
you can pm me with your names if you like but for some reason i'm not allowed to pm back!!
Yep at the moment temps are holding up nicely, brought the suitcases down this morning ........

Apple
Hi Apple

Dont worry about speaking to Russel re rooms, am in direct contact with Sherif the front desk manager over that kind of detail, but thanks anyway. We arrive 14 Dec, should have been 15 Dec, our daughter arrives 23 Dec, should have been 22 Dec.

Dont understand how you cannot pm back to people tho!!

Have fun packing!! Think unpacking and doing the post hol washing is the worst bit though!!

Am sure Russel will give you the low down on Libra, he is honest and upfront and will be straight about the situation. He speaks as he finds, which is a good attribute.

You could though please ask Russel/Coral management to see if their internet manager could download Skype onto their pc's. It would be fantastic if they utilised this amazing service, which is free to all.

Take care, thanks for your help.

Bex
Bex I've got back to you .Turning this off till later else nothing 's getting done !
Apple.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.