General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
jennibean81 wrote:
I never prebook seats with my kids as they are already pre-allocated to you. I found this out when asking to prebook a couple of yrs back. Thomson actually told me they have no option but to pre-allocate as the kids use different masks to adults (must be smaller) and these are only in certain places on the plane. So you'll be grand but still double check.

I don't think that's necessarily the case with every airline - on one flight I was on last year, there was a woman complaining very vociferously because she and her family had all been split up. At one point, one of the cabin crew came up and down the aisle asking if anyone would be prepared to move seats to allow at least some of them to sit together, and some of the children seemed quite young too.
I dont think its the case with every airline either although I know that your seats are already reserved for you with Thomas Cook. Last year, myself hubby and daughter (5 years old) were all in different aisle seats - I was one side of the aisle (eg row 9, seat c), daughter on opposite side of me in the aisle seat (eg row 9, seat d) and hubby in front of daughter (eg row 8, seat d). I was not impressed to say the least, but I couldnt shout too loudly because I hadnt prebooked seats. Its also worth remembering that even if you do prebook seats, it doesnt guarantee that you will all sit together in the same set of seats (a, b & c) as the seats across the aisle in the same row are classed as "sitting together" as well.

I dont mind where we sit as I dont look out of the window (bit of a nervous flyer) but we have always usually ended up somewhere over the wings and we have several photos of the wings to prove it ;)
I totally agree which is why I said to check. This is just my experience with Thomson to date and I have had the child both on my lap and in their own seat. Am aware though that more and more airlines are letting you pick ur own seats or preallocate including Thomas Cook. It's just another way of getting more money from you and common sense tends not to be best practice with families. Dreading booking for next yr as will have 2 kids under 4 and can't have them sitting on their own might have to start prebooking :-(
What about on flights like Easyjet though when you sit where you lik? I wonder how that works with children? Or with babies on your lap?

When we flew with Easyjet in 2006 our youngest was nine and anybody with children under the age of 12 got priority boarding. We were the first to board so it gave us a chance of at least being able to sit with our children :)
i always like a window seat, especially over the wings so i can see whats going on (being a plane geek an all!) booked the last few rows on a a332 where the fuselage narrows but it still has a window seat!!

flying back from ace with ex first choice a/c i cant remember the row but it was the one behind the emergence exit row AND sitting next to the window i had NO seat infront of me, plus the extra leg room!! you should have seen the looks on peoples faces when i, a 5'3" girl, emerges from the seat hehe bloody good luck that was!
Hi,
This is a question for denny.53, did you phone to book your seat numbers for your September flight? I was wondering as we fly in October in premium & can't book them online yet.

Our favourite seats are extra legroom ones with a window or 8A & 8K with Virgin :)
gobofraggle

Yes, we had to phone them. You can't book premium online until 98days before you fly !?!? When you phone try to call as near to 9am as you can, any later and you will get cut off after a couple of minutes which is really frustrating and costly.

Denny
Thanks denny.53 :) Just phoned them & they said we won't be able to book until July / August, nevermind, worth a try :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.