General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Re: £1 a day
160 Posts
Im def going to be doing this for next years hols. Ive seen them in tomn for a pound excellent idea. Gives you a good start. :tup
Well I'm trusting myself with my clown money box. I saved about £140 in £2s over six months before my hol in June and I've just started again last week - got £4 so far. :cheers This might be for my hol to Sharm in November or if I feel I don't need it then I'll continue it for a year for next summer.
Got my tin today. Thanks for great idea - just need to start putting money in now. lol. :tup
Hi Bri. Where did you get your tin from? Could do with one for next year' holiday :D .
You can always find them in the £1 shops.
Helen T wrote:
You can always find them in the £1 shops.

yes always plenty in my pound shop, also if you have a home bargains near to where you live they are only 59p :)
hi all....I used to give those cheap tins to the children.....they'd save their spare pennies....when going on hols I would let them count it and I would exchange it into pesatas or euros for them....I used to give them a very good rate....they enjoyed spending what they'd saved....but were really choosey what they bought with it
I got mine in a shop in town, something similar to pound shop. They also had huge ones for £2 but ill see how i get on with smaller one first. First 4 quid in - so up and running. :tup :tup
I only started putting £1 and £2 coins in a few months before our holiday in July and was amazed to find £93 when I opened it up - helped pay for the kennel fees for the dog's holiday!! Such a great idea and you really don't miss a pound or two here and there. Bought a new one today in Home Bargains to start saving towards our next holiday.
Opened mine earlier and was chuffed £186 :D - that'll be a couple of bottles of perfume at Gatwick airport on Wednesday. Will be on the lookout for another tin now, ready for next year.
Some of the amounts saved are impressive. I am def going to stick to saving my pounds. :tup
Still only had 2x £2 coins in my purse since I started again - I'm going to have to sling the odd £1 in now and then I think.
Ive been sticking to my pound a day. Not had many £2 coins, must all be in the jars of people on here. lol. Anyone else been keeping it up for next years hols?. :tup
There are no £2 coins in tills as they are all in our tins/jars for holidays :rofl
I have an empty Cardhu whiskey bottle for saving :tup 20ps and a money box I bought from Great Ormond Street hospital when my daughter was a patient there for £2 coins. It isn't very big but it holds approx £70 when full.
Hi All

I bought a big tin that you have to open with a tin opener and I only put £1 coins in it, it's about 3/4 full now and I can just about lift it so I am hoping when it's full there will be enough in it to book a wee holiday somewhere nice.
ok, time to admit, i opened my tin yesterday :rofl

i thourght it was almost full....it felt like it was....

but it was 1/3 full.....and had £240 in £2 coins.......

have put them all in the bank, so should be plenty going back into circulation now :tup
K&R

Thats excellent! Well done. :tup :tup
Came back home on the 19th Aug, and have £16 in £2 coins already saved. They do seem hard to come by now though.
I managed to get two of the tins last week. Im using one for £2 coins and my daughter has one for all her silver and gold money (as she calls it). Hubby put two £2 coins in tonight but think we now have about £10 in it. It must be a good incentive to save because he is parting with his money ;) . If I get that amount in my tin K&R, i will be very happy. Im saving for my holiday spends for next year so I will try not to open it too soon.

Sarah :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.