General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Re: £1 a day
160 Posts
Right, have just started doing what the OP said and found a tin to put my £ 1 a day in ( although we go on holiday in 2 weeks, so not for this years spends ! ) so will religiously do this till next year, oh yes I will ! , as a hairdresser we get pretty good tips and last year I started to put my tips into a tin and by the time it was holiday time I had £250 ish to spend, so I still save my tips at work, but will start my pound a day saves at home !
Stemma, thanks for asking hun.You have a private message. :)
Well, if last week wasn't bad enough, the said same car that cost a fortune to put through it's mot is making funny noises so is going back into garage tomorrow.
They had better not charge me either for looking at it and possibly fixing it. :rage
My 14 year old son has been asked if he would like to go to Turkey for 2 weeks on 2nd august with his girlfriend and her dad, (who also happens to be his school headmaster :really )
Cost - £400. Her dad has offered to pay the rest. :D
Had to tell him No as we're also off to Egypt in 8 weeks and need the money for that. He was gutted. :cry
Then, along comes Grandad and offers to pay for him to go. :hols
He is sooooo happy, bless him.

Emma
Aaawww Emma, isn't Grandad a gem? :)
(Pssstt....Would he like to adopt me? ;) )

Your son is going to have a fab summer break isn't he?
Two weeks in Turkey, home for a week or two and off to Egypt!
Can't be bad eh? :tup
Good for him! :)

I hope you get your car sorted hun.
Good luck.
Im a big fan of £2 coins too. Since January, I have saved nearly £400. I am so good at saving them, when I get a change from a tenner, say-8 pounds worth, Ill put them straight in my jar, then end up having to draw money out because my purse is empty. My family and friends save them for me (for Exchange of course) Im like a vulture when I spot them though. Ive just got to have em :rofl.. I just love counting them every week to see how much I,ve accumalted . I think the word is 'obsessed' ;)
Well done Everyone.!!

MY £1 a day is going good.

Sometimes it is hard to put that much away.

Ive got 3 kids Age 3 , 6 , and 10
School holls have started in Edinburgh and I have the constant Money Money Money war cry from them all :duh

We are just making the £1 a day (min)
Its hard when the kids are home all the time.

Think we must have at least £45 - £60 , but dont want to count my chickens before they hatch.

Happy Saving

Ginkster :sun2
Hi
As we have just booked next years holiday to egypt, I'm going to start a £1 per day tin too

Fiona
I too save £2 coins and also 50p. I don't go out of my way to get them, but if I get any in my change I never spend them, but put them in a tin. It averages that I save about £230 a year and I don't miss the money.
Well, I started off with all good intentions.

I got a £2 coin in my change and I hate them.

This thread immediately came to mind, so i thought, I'll start my savings with this.

Then promptly went into the newsagents and used it for my lottery! :haha
I've started a tin for next years holiday , I'm aiming to save 10, 20 '50p coins and maybe some £1s and £2s ,
I think as well if I don't buy something (like say the evening paper or a coffee ) then I'll put in the money I've "saved"
I got one of those tins that you can't open for £1
Here's looking forward the the extra cash next year.
Got an old glass sweetie jar and we save 5p's, but I like the idea of £2 coins, think I'll give that a go.
Decided to start saving £2 coins this week. So far I have £6 plus another £1. I plan on religiously putting £2 coins in my clown money bank and to add the odd quid which I won't notice.

I'm not sure they will end up being for hols but might end up for Xmas instead - still if that's the case it still gives me at least 6 months of saving if they're used for festivities.

I cannot see in this moneybox so I will hopefully refrain from thinking 'oh I'll just pay the window cleaner out of that change there'.
we have been putting bits and bobs into my sons money boxes, havent counted them yet but we are on his 3rd one, gives him a little bit of spending money when we go away, he is only two so he shouldnt need alot lol.
I'm going to start nicking from my kids pocket money ;)

They've got more than me in the bank :)
flipflopper, thats not nice! how old are the kids bet they would know you have been dippin in :D , know what you mean my son has more money than me in the bank

laura
My kids a far too spoilt to realise how much money they've got in the bank.

Their car dvd player broke the other day and my daughter said 'just get a knew one' when we next go to the shops

oooo I said shall I get two

bless them I love them loads and would never really touch their money no matter how hard up I was.

Still its nice to pretend to be awful. :wave:
yeah i know , but its great mucking about. my little one comes out with some quality stuff and he is only two, today he asked to go to shop and i said i had no money, so he climbed on his chair and got his money box (dropped it, smashed it) and got his money. dont want to think what he will be like at 5. :D
thats less in his saving pot, still im sure nanny and grandad will spoil him, maybe me if im good :think :tup

laura
My youngest has just treated us all to a takeaway!

They wanted chinese, and I'm skint until tomorrow, so my 15 year old passed me £20
to pay for it! :)

(He's a gem! :kiss )

I'll pay him back tomorrow - it's out of his holiday money and he's been saving really hard, bless him. :)
oh bless,
thats so sweet, i hope my little one is good to his old mum when he is older :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.