Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
*Booze*
8 Posts
Just remember that your allowances from the Canary Islands are not the same as from Mainland Spain or the Balearic Islands.

Duty Free / Tax Allowance from Canary Islands

200 cigarettes; or 100 cigarillos; or 50 cigars; or 250 gms of tobacco

2 litres of still table wine

1 litre of spirits or strong liqueurs over 22% volume; or 2 litres of fortified wine, sparkling wine or other liqueurs

60cc/ml of perfume

250cc/ml of toilet water

£145 worth of all other goods including gifts and souvenirs
Hi dagnabbit :D We have been to Costa Teguise twice and found the cheapest place for booze were the Spar and Netto supermarkets :wink:
Hi, Dagnabbit (I can't believ I just typed that!)

I think you'll find it's definately cheaper to by booze in the resort rather than at Duty Free - but remember with the new security arrangements you might not get through check in and security with big bottles of liquid if you do buy in resort and hope to take home. This was certainly the case in September last year - perhaps someone who has been more recently can up date.

WHL
:thanks Hi All, And Thanks For Your Info, Will Definetly Be Getting My Bottle Of Jack Daniels And Glenmorangie In Resort Then, I Completely Forgot About The Problems Bringing Bottled Liquids Through In Hand Luggage, I Will Have To Check That Out. Cheers Tel. :glynis
Dagnabbit

Netto or Spar is cheapest but you will have to pack it in your case. Came back on Thursday and they will allow NO liquids to be carried through..very hot on it. Even confiscated a little pot of Cactus Jam I was carrying in my hand luggage :(
I've never carried my Netto booty in my hand luggage anyway, I've always put it in the suitcase - I wrap it up in the beach towels and squish all the clothes around it, always been fine. Take some bubble wrap if you want to be extra careful.
:wave Hi Cyberspacekadette, Great Idea, I Never Actually Thought About Bubble Wrap, Being So Light It Will Not Add Any Weight To The Usual Kitchen Sink And Mountains Of Clothes And Make Up That My Wife Takes Using About 95% Of The Room In The Cases Leaving About 5% Room For Me, Bless Her, Roll On Late June First Time To Lanzarote And Counting The Days Now, Cheers Tel. :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.