Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Quite a few gone out of business or moved premises as is usual out here. "The pickled parrot" is new in Baga (formerly Custers) - don't know what it's like though. I went to "Shooters" opening party last night -great night - all the same there with regards to staff and owners . The couple from "the Peacock" won't be back this year - I hear that "over the flames" will be opening up in their old spot opposite "the stone house" "MJ's" is now called "Tropical" and has new owners. "Rock Cafe" has changed it's name to "Rose Cafe" but still has the same owner and staff. "Banana Moon" still looks deserted. "Molly Malones" has had a big extension and looks really really nice. "Eclipse" is being re-furbed at the moment - new owner (or so I'm told). "The Pub" at Paradise Village (formerly run by Mark and Simon of Eden) now has new owners - Jeff and Simon - they are doing really well, the Nigerian students all hang out there, they have DJ nights on but it doesn't get busy until after midnight.
As I said, lots of changes taking place around here.
GFF xx
Phew! As long as All Spice is still the same!! :bow
It certainly is goangirl.......It was top of my agenda when I got back here.
GFF xx
So the Korean girl who owned MJ's has moved on? Glad to hear Ash and co are still at Shooters.... ladies beware!! :shock: :D
:)Thanks a lot for that GFF. Shame about Banana Moon-I like it in there!! Not long for me!
Wendy x
Hya all does anybody know if the 'pickled parrot' is run by new people??

cheers :glynis
Yes it is (can't remember their names) but I know it's definately not Noel and Cath there anymore.
GFF xx
GFF I wonder if you could do me a massive favour and get me the contact details for the rooms above Eclipse bar as I have lost the card :? the rooms are superb with a/c and mega comfy big beds 8)
Will see what I can do FTV.......I think that place has changed it's name too!!!

GFF xx
Forgot to mention a new restaurant in Candolim - where 10 downing St used to be. It's called Tuscany Garden and looks quite nice but still not open.
Over the flames is actually moving to Prems place (close to After Eight) and not to the Peacock premises as stated in my earlier posting. OPM in Baga is now called White Elephant. Le Jardin has a sign outside to say that they are opening on the 3rd, so slowly the place is starting to resemble a tourist area again.

The "is it McDonalds, isn't it Mcdonalds"? building is looking very nice.....not sure what it's going to be but it looks like it could be a shopping arcade or something similar..............no sign of the golden arches YET!!!

GFF xx
Thai Oriental (at the Mira) is now up and running. East Meets West opened last night as did Eclipse (new owners) and the Korean Woman from MJ's opened her new restaurant last night also.

Does anybody know if Chris has opened Sublime at Anjuna yet? I'm craving his fantastic food!!!

GFF xx
Glad Eclipse is open :) hope the 2 lads are still there from the past couple of years.
FTV,

Got those contact details for you....will PM you with them now

GFF
Got them, thank you very much 8)
Any news on Bistros at the river mouth end of Baga? Is that still there?
Mardon, do you mean Brittos..?
No its 100% called Bistros. I go every year its great :)
Ice and Spice is now L'Orange.

Lin
Lyn. Is L'orange as was ice n spice still owned by Sanjay ? we liked that bar when we were there last time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.