Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
how can we ask for the Bulgarian version of the menus?

If they charge more for the non-Bulgarian menu, they are probably avaricious enough to refuse to give you the Bulgarian version of the menu.

The Bulgarian restaurants & mehanas that I use (not in resorts) don't have an 'English version' and, for the most part, don't speak English.

I've never had a problem with change, but the resorts are a law unto themselves.

Baldur
When we were in Golden Sands 2002, and Sunny Beach 2003 & 2004 we ate out every day and had no probs with change. We were out every night for a drink/entertainment we paid bill at end of night, (with no add ons) with 1 generous tip, no probs.
You WILL enjoy your holiday, as long as you don't expect it to be like Spain etc.

baz.
Ok, thanks to you guys! I'm sure we'll enjoy it there.
You dont really need to bother about change as the prices are so low, and in the restuarants and bars you usually pay for everything before you leave, I just round it all up then add about 10 lev, they seem really pleased with that,

If its change such as small notes and coins that you are looking for then you always get plenty when you buy water, ice cream, sweets and the like. The crisps are really good
If you need to ask for the change, just ask for it :lol:

You can read cyrillic letters, but do you understand Bulgarian? You might be back to where you start if you read something you dont understand.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.