Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Butter Chicken and Cafrael mixes.
We only bought 3 butter chicken mixes back, our daughter tasted one and commandeered the lot.
Suppose we shall have to go back next season to get some more.

Saw today thet our local Tesco's have frozen King Fish and Pomfret so we can use the fish curry masalla now.
My must buys are---
Biotique cosmetics, shampoos, and soaps, since discovering them I use no others.
Cashew nuts all types, and Incence sticks.
Lots of Books and CD's.
Pretty much the same as Lassigirl, I love the biotique skin care, I also buy lots of drugs, i.e antibiotics, immodium etc
I buy tons of incense as I burn every night and surprisingly I do actually play the CDs I bought on Anjuna market.
maybe I should retitle it as it would be interesting as well to find what has been taken home and not been used!
OK Fiona!
I always buy some Masala Chai mixes, then get back home and it never tastes the same , must be the way I make it, or the enviroment isn't right.
Kitchen King (12 packets), 2 box's of coconut milk powder, about £10 worth of white & black pepper corns for a few rupees, and what may be the last 3 jars of saffron youth dew in Goa got 8 last year but after trying about 30 shops could only find the 3, not for me by the way :shock: all get used.

Alan
Loads of Garnier anti-wrinkle cream and those really pretty toe-post flip-flops. Bought four pairs and still want more! A souvenir of Ganesh that's on display and incense sticks and burner.
Sleeping Pills.... :wink:
oh good kells- can't do that in Thailand anymore :D
Oh I didn't know you cannot buy sleeping pills in Thailand now Fiona, I bought some there last year
Good job I stocked up in Goa!!
:wink: Name of sleeping pills please!!! :wink: Got some one year from Ozzie air hostess who used our shack! You could buy them over the counter there! Journey back to UK ...PLUS transfer home was 1 and half hours! :lol: :lol: :lol: ..and that was on ONE QUARTER of a tablet! Got in...took another quarter...slept right through...NO jet lag! Bliss!
Chillies.
You cannot get Kashmiri or Goan chillies easily in the UK.

Trev
Indian Classical CDs and modern Indian music and DVD from Sonaris CD/DVD shop in Panjim. Over the last 5 years must have bought about 60 CDs.

Better than buying the cheap bootlegs from Tibetan Market and Anjuna that skip on your CD player. For 150 rupees more you get the real artwork and a real CD not a CDR.
I had a henna tattoo done while I was there and liked it so much had a real tattoo done with the same symbol done on my lower back when I got home! Does that count?!
The sleeping pills we bought are called Zopiclone - 7.5mg

We bought 100 for 800 Rupees which equates to roughly £9.50. At home, we pay £8.00 for a prescription of only 28 pills, so well worth stocking up as my partner works nights, so needs them to be able to sleep in the day.
I use everything I bring back; favourites include, Superman Returns dvd (genuine 2 disc) for about Rs700, incense, and all the vanilla pods I can carry.

By the way, we planted our left-over chilli seeds last year and grew a decent crop in the greenhouse. Not bad for Newcastle.
handbags, shoes, medicene's, and strangely the clothes that I have bought over the years
theres one thing we buy a new one of every time we go there. its one of those brushes the room boys use, made from long grass, my wife swears by them. (wouldn't know myself).
BOB :shrug :oops:
Both me and my boyfriend bought diesel jeans which i cant afford to buy here and t.shirts,skirts,tops, flip flops jewellry i wear them all :D

Next time i go i am actually gonna listen to the empty suitcase advice and buy loads of clothes over there and silver jewellry :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.