Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
surely someone must have stayed there!!!
Briar,i apologise.Thought if i brought it back to page one again maybe someone who had stayed there would notice it.I know im bad for only checking page one.Sorry ok.
Consider me reprimanded.
Hope your taking this in the fun way its meant :roll:
They seem to be good as this review from another site shows
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-Reviews-Ozturk_Apartments-Marmaris_Mugla-d317175-g298033-m10660.hwoinkuk_html

Theres some photos on there too
Hi, I visited Ozturk in October 2000 and found the rooms small and basic but with everything in you needed. The cleaners were fabulous at tidying away your clothes into nice neat piles.

The pool had no shallow end, which is not very good for non swimmers, as many kids having to use armbands and rings to keep afloat.

The owner had a large boxer dog if I remember correctly, which was a bit off putting for my daughter who is scared of dogs. It just lay in the reception with the staff all day, not much bother in fact.

The weather is still pretty good, but remember a light jacket/cardigan for the evenings as it can get chilly around 10ish.

Sorry this is a bit vague, but it was some time ago.

Hope you have a good time.
Hi Hotchocolate. When are you booked for? I'd like more info about the apartments, staff, location etc. I booked via Directline - going 17th July 2006 for 2 weeks :D
Hi, We stayed at the Ozturk as a base in 2004 when we bought our apt in Marmaris. It's a small friendly hotel, based about 800m from the beach just a short walking distance away is Tansas, bit like tesco. where you get everything from bread to TV's. we liked staying there as it was away from all the hustle and bustle of the main street. and the staff where very pleasent. as someone else said the pool has no shalow end and is quite small, but most of the pools in marmaris have no shallow end. If i had to stay in a hotel again in Marmaris i would have no problem staying here again. hope this helps.
We didnt stay in your hotel but we did stay in Marmaris. Not our kind of resort (we preferred Icmeler) but it was ok and as we were two women on our own we felt fairly safe during the day. We didnt venture out much at night though. We thought the bazaar was a bit over rated, a bit like the market in Icmeler. The big shop like Tesco was brilliant and very cheap. Definately worth a visit. The beach wasnt very clean and along the front you get hassled all the time for trips etc. but on the whole they werent rude to us, just friendly. We did book a boat trip which was well worth the £4.00 including a meal too. All in all very nice apart from the hotel we stayed in which was Club Sarba 6 - awful!
Many thanks for your replies. I am so pleased to hear the apartments are friendly.
I experienced hastling whilst in Altinkum last year - so know that it can be quite annoying - but now I have learnt a little Turkish I may have a response I can use (must ask my tutor what to say to tell them to politely get lost!)
grateful for the tip about the supermarket :)
i have stayed at these apartments they are very clean but basic. within walking distance about 5 mins into the centre of marmaris. the big shopping centre is about 2 mins which is handy. They have about 3 boxer dogs which are like pussy cats and I am scraed of dogs. everyone helpful but rememeber you have to pay for loo rolls which are cheap at reception cleaners are excellent . you will have no problems its worth staying at these apartments
Phew thanks hotchocolate! I'll make sure I pack some loo roll in case of emergency :oops:
Hiya
just wondered if anyone had any more info on the Ozturk apartments since last time I asked?

cant wait to find out myself :o
Back from 2 weeks in Marmaris - Ozturk appartments. Very friendly, clean, fun, great bar staff, near Tantas and bazaar, only gripe fridge wasnt very cold. Would go back same place again next year :)
has anyone out there been to the ozturk appts in marmaris? are they any good and are they close to harbour / bazaar area of marmaris. tell me all about them please as i have just booked a cheap fortnights holiday there in august 2008 and want to be a bit prepared.thanks. :cheers
hiya, we stayed next door in the Akasya apts, the Ozturk looked very clean. a couple with small children used our pool as we had a kids section and a slide. There is a nice Turkish bath over the road from the Akasya, i think was about £8 two years ago. they are not far (about 800m) from the Bazzar, Tansas supermarket and the beach. don't worry, they are in a nice place away from all the hustle n bustle, but not far if you want to join in. Enjoy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.