Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
You can find out all about it and book through their website.
http://www.bettysgoa.com/
many thanks for that.
you really do need to book before you go. Just give them a call when you get there.

The trip is really nice and relaxing. ESpecially good if you like bird watching. They provid binocuars. Out to sea in the morning looking for dolphins. Then up the river sal. Your glass will never be empty!! A lovely 3 course meal with so much honey bee in the fruit salad.

There is shade on the bottom cabin, and even if the cruise is full there is plenty of room for everyone.

Cost is £7. You pay later in the afternoon. Taxi from Colva probably 500 or 600 rupees return.
seabie.

Many thanks for that. That is exactly what we are looking for. Especially the bird life. We will be taking our own binoculars if we remember to.

What sort of bird life did you actually see?

Did you find it a tranquil trip?

I get a tad worried when I read about 'drinks flowing etc'. seem to conjure up peole's characters changing with the comsumption of too much alcohol!

My wife doesn't drink alcohol-- what sort of soft drinks do they have. I was thinking of cold fresh fruit juice as opposed to coke and fanta etc. I can be kept happy with the odd cold Kingfisher.

could you comment on the food that was provided?

How may people on average are allowed on te boat?
regards.
Pedrogooner

Have been on this trip many times. It's EXCELLENT.
Very very relaxing and a great way to chill out.

Don't expect a luxurious boat. It's an old wooden fishing boat with patio chairs and tables laid out on it. This all adds to the ambience of the trip.

If the trip is going to be full (think about 50 max) they put extra tables and chairs on the top deck. A little tip - when they call you to make your way to the boat, try and get there in front of everyone else so that you can get a table on the lower deck as there is not much shade up on the top deck.

Various types of birds common to India will be pointed out to you by the crew (Kingfishers, Eagles, Fruit Bats etc). Take some binoculars if you have them, although there are some available on the boat for you to use. You will also be taken out to sea to look for dolphins, although if the sea is too choppy, they will give that a miss.

For lunch, they will drop anchor at a lovely tranquil spot and the crew will cook a simple fantastic meal at the back of the boat. This is fascinating as again the facilities are simple and yet you end up with a meal which would cost you a fortune in a restaurant in the UK. Usually the meal is spicy prawns to start (absolutely gorgeous) fresh fish (usually either swordfish or seabass) with rice and salad, followed by fresh fruit salad soaked in brandy. If you don't like fish or are vegetarian, if you mention this to them on booking, they may well provide something else for you.

Drinks are offered throughout the trip, although to be honest, the amount of times myself and other friends have been on the trip, no one has gone over the top. I think everyone is so chilled, the drink has no effect. Not sure about them having fresh fruit juices on board, but they have everything else (except wine) including the usual soft drinks, water, gin, vodka, beer etc.

Further tips for you are to take towels to sit on (plastic chairs - make you sweat) sun tan lotion, wet wipes, a hat and of course your camera.

I know you will have a great time and will be raving about it for weeks to come. Excellent value for money and totally, totally relaxing.

Enjoy.

AL
Al,

Many many thanks for that. You covered all things and thanks for the tips. My wife will definitely not go if she is in the sun!! We actually take an umbrella with us wherever we go to act as a 'parasol' even when walking around!! Actually that is a very good adea.

If we are lucky enough to get a table in the shade downstairs can we still go up to the upper deck when we like to see birds etc.

Did you book in advance Al or just turn up? were you staying near Betty's. We will be in Colva. ** email address removed from post***

We will be going on 25 Feb for two weeks.

cheers Al. BTW who are 'ureds'--- ?Arsenal

Edited to remove email address
Pedrogooner

You can go to the top deck no problem, even if you are seated in the lower deck.

We stay across from Bettys at the Holiday Inn so it is easy to just pop across and book. Best thing will be for you to take their number and give them a call to book when you get there. They all speak good English. They also have a booking form on their website so that you can book in advance before you leave if you wish.

For my sins I am a Nottingham Forest fan. Got to keep loyal, even through the bad times and we are having plenty of them at the moment.

Anyway, hope all goes well with your visit to Goa. Have a great time.

Al
Al,

Many thanks for that. We shall definitely go on that trip.

Surprised you got away with putting 'Nottingham Forest' on the site, when I mentioned my team beginning with A with a nickname 'gunners' it was wiped off the site!! Maybe our recent form has caused that as well!! nothing going for us at the moment!

My son is based on Nottingham with the Army and pops along to watch Forest.

Edit
unfortunately your team begins with a term which is in our swear filter! :lol:
Fiona ht mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.