Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hotel Bali Benalmadena springs to mind,or you could try the Holiday Village.
Thanks... I imagined that places like the Holiday Village are huge AI type places though?
I've seen quite good prices for the Benalmadena Palace but a lot of people saying it's quite a hike out of town with small kids?

Anywhere other than Benalmadena do you think where it's got somewhere nice to walk around in the evening?
La Carrihuela is a beautiful area. You can walk into Benalmedena in one direction, & Torremolinos in the other. I can't recommend a hotel as we stayed in apartments.
Hi, last summer we went to los boliches with our daughter who was then 7 and we had a brilliant time ! Only a short walk into fuengirola from there, but fuengirola is very geared towards families, lots of carousel rides and a little amusement park with bouncy castle etc in the evenings, the beach goes on for miles and has climbing frames and slides dotted along it.
There is also a zoo to while away a few hours and you can hop on the train to benalmadena to tivoli world, your little one will love that !
The water park is a good day out too, or get a bus to mijas and ride on a donkey !
Sorry I can't suggest a hotel as we stayed in a private rental, but los boliches is, I thought, quieter and more spanish with some fantastic tapas bars and restraunts.
Have fun wherever you decide and let us know where you choose.
cheers,
juby :tup
I second the Bali, good food, entertainment night and day for your little girl. 10 min walk to Paloma park, your daughter will love the animals running around, she can hand feed rabbits. Your wife will love the shops in the marina. Benalmadena is central so you can explore the surrounding towns of Torremolinos and Fuengirola. Be sure to walk to La Carrihuela as Helen recomends it is a lovely area, the Pez Espada hotel has a good reputation.
Thanks for the replies...

I ended up booking the Benalmadena Palace in the end since considering it's half term week, under £400 seemed a good price for HB for the 3 of us and it has pretty good reviews on here and Tripadvisor.

Booked flights with AerLingus who now fly to Malaga and Faro from Gatwick and seem a very good price considering it's peak time!

We can manage the hill I'm sure!!

Cheers,

Steve.
Glad you got sorted, lets us know if we can help with anything else.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.