Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
hi capriman and welcome to Ht :D Have a look at the thread on Meeru here for some info while you wait for replies.
Yes it is the wet season in the Maldives at the moment - but it is always hot (usually in the region of 31-32 degrees, dropping to high twenties at night) - just may be hot and damp!! We were unlucky when we visited Meeru (and Bandos) in July 2005 and hit a couple of consecutive ENTIRE days (and nights) of rain - but you are more likely to get a day or two that it rains (quite heavily) but clears up. You'd be extremely unlucky not to get a suntan - just watch out that you use high factor suncream even when it's cloudy!!

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4591/pict0032arz1.th.jpg
One of our 2 Land Villas (the green line on the tree marks the Tsunami water level 7 months earlier!)

The accomodation on Meeru is fine - comparable with other islands we have visited- and our room boy & restaurant staff made a real fuss of our children (then 11 & 12). Even our youngest , who is a fussy eater, had no problem with meals - and a cooked breakfast in our house is still known today as a "full Meeru!!" Hope you can entice your daughter to go snorkelling as it is a magical experience - she is old enough to do a "Bubblemaker" try-dive too, which would be a great opportunity.

The flight into the Maldives should be good - we flew Monarch in 2005 and said never again, this year went back with First Choice and the difference was immence between the two companies. The view as you approach Male is one you'll never forget.

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time :D
Thanks so much for the replies , as our daughter is a championship swimmer she is looking forward to the swimming . She allready has bought a snorkel and mask LOL. I myself cannot swim at all , the wife swims also . Looks like im going to be left on my own as they go off on the swimming .
Just out of interest whats the best numbered Land villa to stay in , as I understand there are the 200s and 400s .
We were in 226 and adajcent (can't remember if it was 225 or 227) - no problems with that location at all.
WOW - nice choice for a 1st holiday

Hope you enjoy it -- we have been to Maldives 3 times now and have still to find somewhere else that even comes close to it...

What to expect when you get there -------- PARADISE !!

Don't worry about the weather - yea June is the rainy season (we did June last year) but the showers only last a few mins then after another few mins you can not even tell it had been raining.

You don't need to pack many clothes as the night time temp is the same as the day - just take plenty of light things (def no jeans or jumpers)
Oh well its Saturday now and we are away to Meeru tomorrow . Just hope its what we expect as Ive seen all sorts of different reviews on the internet about the place .
I'm sure you will enjoy it (although it is Rainy Season, but don't let that put you off) We went a few years ago in June and had showers most days, but they only last 5-10 mins and then after 5 mins you can not even tell it had rained..

As this is your 1st time ever abroad - once you have been to the Maldives, anywhere else you go seems cr8p.

On our 1st visit we loved it that much when we got back we booked within 24 hours to go again -- The year after the Tsunami struck we decided to go back to Cuba (we loved it there 1st time we went 5 years ago) but we were very disapointed as we had memories of Maldives.

The only fault I can see with MEERU is that it hasn't got a pool (or it appears though it hasn't) -- Sometimes it is nice just to relax around the pool and go for a quick dip to cool off -- I know you can do this in the sea, but a lot of people don't like going in the sea and the beach has very little shade. Other than that it looks fantastic.

Arrrr --- I stand corrected, there is a pool
http://www.malediven-guide.at/inselskizzen/inselskizze_meeru.jpg

Don't forget your FACTOR 30 --- You will need it !!
  • Edited by Daza 2007-06-16 08:34:55
you must be getting really excited now :D I hope the packing gets done with the minimum of falling out( we always seem to argue then :lol: ). Have a nice meal tonight and open a bottle of wine and make that the start of your holiday! Have a great time :fly
Thanks so much for the kind replys , like said I hope ot doesnt rain that much as we are hoping to come back home with a lovely tan !
Don't worry, you will get a suntan
Hey, you can get a tan a night out there. :lol:

Don't forget when you get back to let us all know what you thought......
Yes of course will let you know how it all went . Oh my god we are all soooooooo exhited and aprehansive at the same time ! !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.