Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hey there,

I would suggest you look at something like the Sahara Beach, Soviva Resort or Nozha Beach Resort.
All of which offer All Inclusive, however, I think you will find it will be locally produced alcohol and would be hard pushed to find international brands, as a bottle of whiskey we may buy for £10 in the UK may cost in exess of £90 in Tunisia.

You'll find the Sahara beach is a very large complex, but has a fantastic beach front location and is well suited to families, pretty much the same with the Soviva Resort, on a slighly smaller scale, with a great pool area and water slides.

I've been to Tunisia a few times and I also work for a small independant travel agency, feel free to PM me with any questions.

Best of Luck,

Tom
Hi, i am also looking for any recommendations on a Allinclusive hotel for 2 adults and 2 children,but somewhere where we can have a stroll out if need be, evens if its to a small town with a a few shops or harbour.

I do like the look of the sahara beach, but i have read PEK is a nice area too with a little more activity, im not sure i have just started looking really, we are looking for August next year :)
Thanks
Hi loobiej

I like PEK and can recommend it as a nice and safe resort, take a look at the following resort reviews

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/port-el-kantaoui/

I can also recommend the Abou Sofiane hotel in PEK

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/port-el-kantaoui/abou-sofiane-hotel/

Graham
Hi Loobiej,

I would have to agree that perhaps PEK is a more desirable location, being the more traditional resort in Tunisia.

I would suggest the Abou Sofiane, a very good all inclusive - with an excellent location.
Did you look at the Soviva Resort?

Regards, Tom
Hi

Thanks for the replys Graham and Tom, i did have a quick look at the Soviva, but the Sahara beach and Abou have much better reviews.

They'll be 2 families travelling, i really dont mind just lounging around the pool with the kids but my parents are the ones that like a stroll out.

We visited Egypt and a few years ago alone for our honeymoon and loved it and last year had a family holiday to Turkey & we really enjoyed it, i wasnt so sure about Tunisia but my parents like the look of it, and i must admit the hotels look fantastic.

I have noticed Thomas cook seem quite reasonable for this years holidays for August time.
You're quite right about Thomas Cook's prices at the moment. As an agent myself, I've been this morning looking at options to Egypt in August, and Thomas Cook are streets ahead of the likes to Tui/Longwood/Red Sea on price.

Not sure how big your party is, but I know the Sahara has an abundance of inter-connecting rooms - which are few and far between in most cases!!

Anyway, GL and give me a shout if u need anymore help/advise.

Tom x
Thanks Tom - Theyll just be 4adults and 2 children age 8 & 4 next year :)
Hi Tom / Graham

Can i just ask the Abou Sofiane is it the Occidental Allegro Abou Sofiane?

Thanks

Loobie
Sounds about right, I don't think the Abou is part of the Occidental group any longer. If you want a price on the Abou, give me a PM.

Take Care, Tom x
Yes it is listed in some places as the Occidental Allegro Abou Sofiane, a bit cheeky as it has not been part of this hotel group for many years.

Graham
I would recommend PEK,its a lovely resort,and the waterpark is located there.Abou Sofiane is popular and a lot of people give it good reviews,stay away from the Soviva,its probably the worst all inc hotel there.
Thanks for the info crispy. will have a look at hotels in the PEK area x
Hi - me and the hubby are visiting Tunisia for our 1st time in Mid Sept 2010 - could anyone give us some ideas of activities/places to go in and around Port El Kantaoui , we dont mind what we do or how far - Also prices if poss. It will be my husbands 30th so would be nice to organise something for him .
Portland prices for the Abou Sofaine were cheaper than Thomas Cook when we went last week.
Great hotel and cant wait to go back.
A nice evening trip out is to Alzahra Parc,it was called Lights and Lasers when we went,some tour ops give it a different name and it was excellent,its just outside Sousse. http://www.medinat-alzahra.net :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.