Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
1st time Turkey
14 Posts
How about Olu Deniz. The main reason I am suggesting it is there is a lot to do in the area, so it may suit as you don't like beach life. There are boats trips, historic sites, jeep safaris, the large Turkish town of Fethyie to visit, Kaya Koy ghost village, markets, Mud baths, all sorts really for people who like to be up and doing.
i would say hisaronu can be as lively or as quite as you want :sun2
We're trying Dalyan this time will let you know.
Sioux ;)
daylan is beautiful you should enjoy it there :sun2
Hi Gunner

I think Dalyan could be the place for you, lovely resort and still holding on to its Turkishness (if thats a word).

We go to both Greece just back from Zante and Turkey and I prefer Turkey. We have been going to Icmeler for years and went to Dalyan last year for a change. I've fallen in love with the place.

We usually go to Icmeler and love that to, but its getting a bit loud for me, husband still loves it, so we compromise and go to Icmeler for most of our holidays then transfer to Dalyan to chill, its also a lot near to the airport.

I dont think you will be disappointed if you give Turkey a try

Lynn
i don't think you will be disappointed with Turkey either, the first time we went the other half wasn't to hooked on the idea and i was dreading that he would hate it and want to come home, he loved it said it was the best holiday he had ever been on.

Ola
Hi - my boyfriend and I just got back from Olu Deniz. It was perfect for mature couples and people so friendly. Lots of nice places to eat out too and wonderful trips out.
Like Lynn m, I would also recommend Icmeler. If you don't have walking difficulties then I would also recommend Kalkan and recommend you stay at Hotel Nur. There are Discussions running on both of these resorts, the last post on Kalkan was March 27th and Icmeler on April 22nd, just scroll back through this forum to find them. Good luck and all the best. :cheers :cheers

Les
We would also highly recommend Olu Deniz. It's not 'night-clubby', but there are plenty of restaurants and bars, plus you have the benefit of lots of very good value boat trips, jeep safaris, horse riding and, if you're feeling adventurous, paragliding off Babadag!

We were only sorry we only had a week and not a fortnight!

P
Thanks for all the suggestions looks like we'll have to have more than 1 holiday

regards

gunner
Have a look at Lara Beach, they have a lot of hotels their and it is not a commerical resort. i would say that it is a very relaxing resort. But if you desire more entertainment you can get a taxis for a small fee to antalya. Hope this will be some help to you choseing your holiday, kazlin :wave:
i'd say Olu, been there twice. lovely. the turkish riveria, or also known as the turquoise coat, the most photographed beach line from the air in many postcard and brochure.

best time to go is early may or late september.........
usually quieter, no yobs, families, and peak season bussle. weather just getting hot or cooling down.

there is no pizza hut, no macdonalds, or kfc, or burger king, or any fast food chain!!!! :tup :cheers brillaint. that is a good start.........
lovely restuarants and typical kebab places to eat. yep turkish

lovely bay to go and sit on beach, and plenty of buses to take you to neighbouring towns and villages, markets and stuff
If anyone is interested in the paragliding on offer in Olu Deniz, you can see my video on Romskye dot com.

:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.