Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Let's also hope that they include the UK in the visa on arrival scheme(discussed in article). I am certain the carry on we have with visas puts so many folks off.
Good news for loads of people :D
yes great news but the visa on arrival could be unpopular if they limit it to one or three mths which has happened in some cases (russians get one mth i think )
chilly
chilly wrote:
yes great news but the visa on arrival could be unpopular if they limit it to one or three mths which has happened in some cases (russians get one mth i think )
chilly

Firstly, Russians do not get VOA, they uniquely get a TLP, temporary landing permit, that as far as I am aware, no other nations receive. This is probably because it was never intended for tourism use and is arguably illegal in this context.
Although the MHA announced its intention to extend VOA to France, Germany and Russia earlier in 2012, to the best of my knowledge this has not yet been enacted?
The 11 countries who do have VOA status all get 30 days, and VOA is not yet available at Dabolim, despite being muttered about, maybe it will come with the new terminal?

If you are a citizen of a VOA nation, you can still apply in the normal manner for conventional visa, although concern has been expressed that this will become more difficult eventually.

Hope this is helpful.
Looking around other forums, this link has appeared.....

http://www.pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=89835

Think we can consider it definite now, also spoke to a friend who works for a major airline and they have been notified by the GOI.
Latest news nothing certain

Removed - Please only post links as material from all other websites is Copyright © and must not be reproduced without express permission.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Goa-now-presses-for-visa-on-arrival-status/articleshow/17485757.cms
  • Edited by Kiltman HT Mod 2012-12-05 17:25:53
    To remove © material
Just got my visas back and they still say no return for two months.

What is it with India? Nothing is ever clear or straight forward.....except 5 sunbeds. :que
roma wrote:
Just got my visas back and they still say no return for two months.

What is it with India? Nothing is ever clear or straight forward.....except 5 sunbeds. :que

That's a b*gger, is this an issue for you Roma?

If so, email VFS and ask them what you should do.
No, it's not really. We used to do two visits but since we're now "half retired" we just go for 6 weeks or so.

Perhaps it's just my growing Victor Meldrew tendencies that are irritated by the aggravation you seem to encounter at every stage of visiting India!

Aussie visa - free on line. Turkey visa - £10 on arrival. Thai visa - not required. Indian visa over £100 for both of us (with postage) and an almost unintelligible process to get it. :banghead:
Very much doubt they will grant UK citizens visa on arrival or TLP. Its tit for tat at how difficult it is for Indian citizens to get a visa for the UK.
botany bay wrote:
Aussie visa - free on line. Turkey visa - £10 on arrival. Thai visa - not required. Indian visa over £100 for both of us (with postage) and an almost unintelligible process to get it

Agree Roma

Sent our four applications on Tues afternoon, received phone call today telling me they can't find evidence of payment for my application, I have 4 receipts off them confirming payment, checked my online account screen showing 4 x £42-20 taken out, Checked status 2 been prossesed, the other two mine and o/h showing " no record found " so sat here with everything crossed, waiting while whoever checks the VFS bank details for proof of payment. Sorry if :offtop :que
Check the link which gives further details. there are still hurdles to cross.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/news.html
The Preacher wrote:
botany bay wrote:
Aussie visa - free on line. Turkey visa - £10 on arrival. Thai visa - not required. Indian visa over £100 for both of us (with postage) and an almost unintelligible process to get it

Agree Roma

Sent our four applications on Tues afternoon, received phone call today telling me they can't find evidence of payment for my application, I have 4 receipts off them confirming payment, checked my online account screen showing 4 x £42-20 taken out, Checked status 2 been prossesed, the other two mine and o/h showing " no record found " so sat here with everything crossed, waiting while whoever checks the VFS bank details for proof of payment. Sorry if :offtop :que

That's the nightmare I always dread when I post them off, Preacher. There don't seem to be any customer skills with the people you have to deal with. It's just a stone wall. You can just imagine the Indian head wobble as you try to plead your case! I hope you get it sorted out.
Preacher I will say a wee prayer for you Its always awful waiting to they come back and you get them in your hand I shall be watching this thread to see how you get on ....colleen
Thanks Roma/Colleen

Received 3 back Sat morning, mine still there,would have been a exeiient turn round if i had received all 4.
What i'm failing to understand is having received receipt from them, when they are saying there's no record
of my payment.Fingers crossed hope to hear something Monday :que .
Very distressing of course, but not really anything to do with the 2 month rule being lifted?

After Roma's experience of the "still stamped" visa, it seems possible that there will still be folk experiencing problems with this issue, so maybe this thread should be kept for that rather than turning into a general visa discussion?

If I had received one of these "still stamped" visas and wanted to make 2 or more visits, I would be very concerned that immigration in India would read it and try to refuse entry, as they have total discretion in these matters.

Not sure that carrying printouts of all the recent announcements would help either.
Had an email from Jewel in the Crown today saying the 60 day restriction has been lifted!!! Yipee..Hope it is true.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.