Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
There was a note on VSF global web site saying you have to apply to the Indian high commision bearing gold, frankincense or myrrh to get the visa over stamped but all I can find now is

This is for information that restriction of TWO months gap between two visits has been removed by the Government of India from 4th Dec 2012.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/news.html

Could be worth talking to the airline you intend to book with as they won't let you board if they think your visa is not valid
hope some one can help been to goa a couple of yrs ago and we are goin back in nov, only problem I have is as I live in Belfast born and bred as they say. but I have a irish passport,i no long story but aint got around to getting a british one yet. I had to jump threw hoops last time I applied for a visa, even goin to the extreme of filling out a non uk citizen ship. which I had to do. but luckly enuff I got the visa, what im wanting to know is will I have to go to them lengths again to get visa for nov and when should I think bout getting it, any help would be gratefull thanks
tammie
Nothing has changed regarding the problem you describe.

This thread is discussing the lifting of the two month rule and peoples experiences with this when they actually travel.
thanks for getting back to me, looks like im in for a load of hoop jumping lol. but sure as long as I get the visa it will be worth it, was thinking tho would having one visa page in my passport already from first time being there make it easier when goin to do it since ive been before? time will tell
I doubt that it will be any easier because you already have one visa in your passport.

I have 7 visas in my passport and still have to go through the same application process. :roll:

I suspect that you'll still have to supply all the supporting documentation that you did the first time.

Re when you should apply - visas are valid from date of issue (not date of travel) so you need to time your application to make sure it covers your travel dates.
That's sometimes further complicated by the fact that some people are issued with a 3 month visa even when they ask for a 6 month one.
thanks for the info.
yes I think my visa was for 3 month aw well so not having a visa in passport wont help. lol wish I was born in brum like hubbie he got his within a week.
Hudo
Re 2 mth rule one of my friends has enquired here in Goa at foreigners dept and also with dabolim and been assured that the re entry will be ok despite what is printed in your visa as the rule is now scrapped..good luck
Chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.