Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Flight prices are always high this far in advance. They know people will think that booking early will be the cheapest option, so put them up. They generally tend to go down by October/November.

If you're looking at going in the high season (July-August) then it's probably best to book around Christmas or in January, when many travel companies will have a sale on. If you're looking at going outside of the high season then it's probably best to wait until 'last minute' or anything within two months of travelling.
Thanks Stevie

We normally don't start looking for flights until around October/November, but I've been off work this week and, with nothing better to do, thought I'd try and cheer myself up by finding flights early. Maybe I'll leave it for another couple of months before I look again :)

Elaine
Elaine, my wife and I and another couple are going to Corfu next June. I have booked a hotel direct and wanted 4 flights.
From East Midlands Thomson wanted £314 per person flight only.
From East Midlands Thomson wanted £264 per person for an apartment for 4.
So I've booked the apartment, including the flights, for the £264 each and I have only to pay a deposit instead of the full amount if I had booked the flights.
So my advice is to book the cheapest holiday you can get in Corfu.
Sorry, I meant xenosuk and not Elaine!
Thanks Qman

It was Thomson that I was looking at, because they have the most convenient flight times for us to catch the hydrofoil from Corfu to Paxos. Trouble is, we're going for 3 weeks, so by the time they add on the extra accommodation and admin charges for the third week, it would probably work out more than the flights only. Not even sure if Thomson will let you book a 3 week package, but I'm sure they'll load the prices if they do!

Elaine
Yes, the Thomson flights have the best times. If you take off at 06.05 there is less chance of the plane being delayed and you can get to the beach or bar at lunch time!
We are only going for 1 week, so the package suits us.
With this awful weather I'm looking forward to our trip.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.