Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Does that include flights only as well, because I was just to about to book my flight for next June with Aegean so I think might wait another day to see if there will be any good offers plus you only have to pay a deposit and not the full wack.
Flights only ie: Thomsons may be a later date.
I didn't think Aaegan flights took deposits??

Lisa :)
No aegean dont take deposits, thats why I thought I might wait to see when Tompsons flights or hols come on sale because I know they do take deposits and it gives me more time to save.
I normally book Thomsons via a travel agents called Dawson & Saunderson (which are North East based) becaused they dont take any monies off you until about Sept time and only then its the deposit.

Lisa :tup
thomas cook go on sale tomorrow as well
Are there usually good bargains as I've booked flights already?
I have always found if you book early ie: when they come out, the better the price.
Like I said before, you get good deals with the travel agents too ie: no deposit, free insurance etc.

Lisa :D
I booked flight only with aegean for 2010 [18 nights] on the first day they came out - paid £190 return each and they are now up to £265!
Only 15kg allowance, mind you and didn't quite get the flights we wanted as they weren't being offered on Day 1
But still happy to have got them at the price I paid
Just got to get the 2009 hol out of the way and then I can start looking forward to it lol :que
According to someone in the flights only section, flights go on sale 1st July. I will be checking tomorrow just in case though as I'd much rather fly with Thomson than Onur.
I dont blame you.
I have checked both Thomsons & First Choice websites and 2010 hols are on there now.
Alot cheaper for the month of May than I paid for this year.

Lisa
Flights aren't up so they must be next week.

Onur flights for May are £164 per person for the dates we want which is just amazingly cheap. I'd still rather pay more and go with Thomson though assuming it's not double or something!
I can't seem to find anything on Thomson, First Choice have holidays, but I want hotels only. Seem quite expensive as well.
Robrymond - If you want hotels only I would recommend booking direct with the hotel. You will often get a better price that way.
Actually I thought the packages on their websites today were really good for the month of May.

Lisa :wave:
Nothing up for Direct Holidays yet apart from long haul
Been quoted reasonable prices with Thomson earlier. Looking forward to seeing what DH and TC have to offer. Hope they won't drag their feet.
I tend to stick with Thomsons & First Choice for hols to Turkey because they are the only tour operators from Newcastle airport which offer day time flights.

Lisa :wave:
fanny I paid 207 each for my flights and got 20kg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.