Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Holidays 2010
11 Posts
If you are talking about the main stream operators the brochures normally come into the shops about April/May time. Sometimes the holidays go up on the web-sites slightly sooner. With the brochures these will be 1st edition brochures so will probably not have the full range of hotels and apartments featured that will subsequently be available further into the season.

Although one of the advantages of booking early is that you may get a good price I always think it's worth remembering that you have got a much higher chance of getting your flight times changed (important to some but not to others) as you are booking prior to the following years timings being set. Although hopefully a day flight shouldn't turn into a night one and visa-vesa.
jacqui
are you wanting package deal or diy some times it works out cheaper a diy.
flights are on sale from early june.
tony
Thanks for that sometimes we do diy but it can work out cheaper to get a package.
Package tour holidays don't oftem go on sale until June/July, however, you can always book direct with owners on any web site Holiday Lettings, Home Lets etc..
If you do decide to buy accommodation and flights seperately then get the accommodation booked now.

We having been selling our favourite accommodations for high season 2010 for a while now and its at this years prices.

John
Jacqui The tour op packages go sale in april and have done for quiet a few years now.
Yes TO's have been taking bookings in April for the following summer season for some years. I know as I booked in April 07 for Summer 08. :really
Are 2010 holidays available on the internet from April this year or in travel agents? or do you have to phone the tour operators? Are brochures out this early? I haven't booked a package for years but may consider it if there are free kids places but I know you have to get in early for that.
Last year the brochures were out in late april and you should have been able to book on-line but Thomas Cook had a problem with their system for a few days but then once sorted you could book! Thomson were on sale early to but for some reason Furst choice did not let you book on-line straight away even though the brochures were out! I always book early and have easter 2010 booked already! It is sensible to book early for free child places and to get the school holidays because the prices shoot up very quickly! In these uncertain times and with small tour operators and airlines going bust perhaps package holidays offer more security!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.