Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
2011 flights
9 Posts
If the flights have been changed by over 12 hours I'm sure this is classed as a major change and that you should be entitled to a full refund?
i wouldnt book with monarch, unless i had to i stick with thomson etc, they dont change flight times very often
We have heard similar tales here on HT in the past. People book holidays/flights a year in advance and then find get they changed. The problem is that the flights are posted as what the airline HOPE to run. The controlling bodies who allocate slots publish them and the airlines are unable to get the slots they hoped for. This is always the danger when booking so far in advance.

fwh
I would expect a full refund too. I am still waiting to hear back from Monarch.
Yes I know with booking ahead this far there is always some changes. Slight though. give ir take 3 hours.
Shall just have to wait for a response. I have looked at al the other flights avaible and there is not much choice to change too. either way I lose out. If I cancel and hold out for easyjet these are not avalable until at least april, they might not suit, so I go back to book again with monarch and prices are more expensive.
fed up....
I've just booked Easyjet for August, from Manchester to Paphos through OPODO. Was a bit suspicious as they aren't on the Easyjet website yet, so rang to query, but great price, and I already have the eticket direct from Easyjet. So may be worth looking, apparently they do release some flights earlier than they appear on the website. Base price was I think £222 each, for 4 of us ended up a shade under £1000 in total, but no-one else came close. reckon I saved £400-£500.
monarch is 217 for september 11 2011
Have had a response from Monarch, they offered full refund, part refund or free change. I thought this was good so have changed to go earlier (no extra cost) and extended the villa.
It has cost a little more but did not loss out.
I would not be as quick next time to book so far ahead.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.