Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Flights for 2011
31 Posts
I've booked with Aegean Flights for next year, I am now wondering if i did the right thing. But i made sure to use my credit card just in case anything goes wrong. They are a lot cheaper than the bigger companies. and if they do happen to go bust (And nobody knows at this stage)., Then at least i can get my money back and book with someone else.
I have booked with Aegean for 2011. I am content, and unconcerned.
we have also booked for them,for next year.we had 2 flights booked,for this year as well & usually we fly with onur,but i have just recieved our e tickets for sept & we are flying with pegasus.
not fussed who we fly with,but any other time,it has been onur :que
tracy
Tracy99,

My flights next year are with Sky Airlines (Turkish), booked with Aegean Flights to Antalya - a new route for them in 2011.

Pegasus are a GOOD Airline, and I have heard that Aegean are chartering them on some routes this year and next.

It is also possible to book direct with Pegasus on a number of Scheduled Routes from the UK.

http://www.flypgs.com/EN/
tracey99-onur havent been used in turkey for few years now my hubby said they went bust or had accident or something??? though i know goldtrail used to use them as this is who we flew with but i always found it to be a noisy and shaky flight,some of their planes were rather old!as for pegasus, i think theyre great and give such good prices, me and hubby use them a lot when we are in turkey visiting his family,theyre becoming more popular these days so you will be fine with them!x
  • Edited by Dazbo HT Mod 2010-08-19 18:13:06
    Statement highlighted is incorrect. Onur Air are active and haven't gone or been grounded. They are a major carrier from the UK to Turkey
i don't think onur,have gone bust,as hubby used them in june.my 1st holiday to turkey,we flew pegasus.
as i say,i'm really not fussed,who we fly with,as we really need this holiday,after a couple of stressful months.
2 weeks on monday :cheers
tracy
aam

You are wrong! Onur are very fit and healthy, and I believe that they are currently the 3rd biggest airline regarding passenger numbers on UK to Turkey flights.

Incorrect posts are not welcome at such a nervous time!
well excuse me luddendenturk, i was only relaying what my turkish hubby had previously told me, i couldnt mind 100% why but he had said they dont operate in doing just turkish flights now and was surprised they still do turkey-uk and vice versa.........i was just saying, if theyre still operating then thats good cos they do cheap flights just like pegasus and sun express do....
aam,

I am simply trying to correct the misinformation that you insist on repeating.

Please ask you Turkish Husband to have a look at this website that has lots of Turkish Domestic Flights - he will be able to understand as it's in Turkish, or use Google Translate.

http://www.onurair.com.tr/

As I posted earlier, they are a fit and healthy airline, and at this particular time, any incorrect information posted on public forums can cause untold damage if left uncorrected.

Their planes are also no 'older or shakier' than any other airline.
I have also booked with aegeanflights for 2011.I have been flying with them for about 4 years now,each time with onurair,and they get better and better,more legroom than other airlines I have used,and the staff are much more polite now,planes have been good,smooth flights.I used them in June and am flying again with them next month. :cheers
Me too, I have flown with Onur air quite a few times now, and we flew with them in June just gone and the planes were virtually brand new, very comfortable and clean, and like crispy says good leg room :) and I have also booked with then for next June 2011
Kristina
I have used these planes for 3 years, also booked two flights for next year
Information on Onur Air and their services is over on the dedicated topic on the Flights Forum: Onur Oir.

Darren
We've been with Aegean Flights and on OnurAir many times before and been totally happy but I think with all the uncertainty in the travel industry at the moment I feel maybe we are being encouraged to book with the so called 'reputable' companies. Sorry to sound thick but if Aegean Flights did go into liquidation in the next year, would we be guaranteed to get a full refund because they are in ABTA? If we book the same OnurAir flights through a local travel agent (for more money) they are telling me they would find us an alternative flight and we would only need to pay the dfference, because they are 'fully protected'. :que
They are ATOL covered, so yes we would get a total refund
Thanks everyone for the advice. Ive finally booked with a travel agent at a slightly higher price than direct with Aegean Flights, but at least that way if they do go into liquidatation our agent can rebook us (at an additional cost), rather than us having to pay the whole amount plus more again, and claim back. Still haven't heard anything back about my money for Goldtrail. Hope it won't take too long.
Think I would stick with a larger reliable company such as Thomas Cook, Thomson etc :) and pay the extra
My dad booked with a travel agents a few weeks ago and Kiss went under, they did offer to look for more flights but he would have to pay the full amount and also he would have to claim the money back himself, i think it could depend on how big the travel agents are and whether they could afford to wait for the money back
Also remember the recent collapses were travel agents and it can happen to anyone of them.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.