General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Helen, Ryanair still seem to have some bargains for half-term.
I put in Bristol to Dublin, 21 - 24 Oct £78 all taxes included for 2 people.

Haven't tried any other destinations, but it might be worth you having a look. :D
Thanks for that I'll have a look. Dublin accommodation seems to be a little on the expensive side for Half Term.
Hi Helen,
Are you in the same area as Swansea schools? Our half-term is 29th October - 5th November.
Wendy
If you fancy somewhere reasonable in this country . not sure how far it is for you but the new forest is lovely that time of year . Can thoroughly recommend http://www.sandy-balls.co.uk .its a lovely place , they still do 3 night night weekend breaks over the school holidays and if you pick the later weekend of half term as opposed to the weekend at the start its much cheaper . roughly £200 for a 6th caravan or £268 for a lodge, cant get a lot cheaper than that at half term :D we did that last year for a couple of hundred , went down friday morning and came home the sunday night although you can keepyour accomodation until monday morning.
Hi Emilysnana! We're around 18 miles from Swansea in a little village approximately halfway between Llanelli & Carmarthen. We break up this year on Fri 26th
Helen, I don't know much about flights from Bristol or Cardiff but if they do Krakow then try it. The hotel accommodation is cheap and so is the cost of living. Full evening meal, 2 courses, drinks, family of four, £20...that was in February this year. Wonderful city, lots to see and do. Ideal for three nights and only a short flight too.
Hi Magster! We've booked 4 days in Krakow from Dec 8th for my 50th birthday. We're really looking forward to that.
Have a fabulous time in Krakow, Helen. It really is a beautiful city. Try and learn 'thank you', hello and goodbye (difficult I thought) before you go and the Polish will be impressed and make life even more easier for you. We can't wait to go back.

Back to half term, how about Barcelona? It's cheaper than London, friendlier than London and you can get decent accommodation for a reasonable price. Plus it warm still in October, always a bonus.
I'm keeping an eye on Barcelona & Madrid. The flights are a little pricey at the moment. I'm also having a look at Edinburgh - never been there.
We've decided to stay in this country and visit North Wales, where we haven't been for years. I've booked one night in Criccieth in order to visit the lovely village of Portmeirion, one in Barmouth to do nothing in particular - just chill, and one in Aberystwyth for a good night out. Long may this weather last.
Long may this weather last.

:hmmm
What weather?? It was 4 degrees driving in to work this morning and felt like minus 4 yesterday when it was wet and windy.

Heard on the radio that people were scraping frost off their cars a bit further inland.

Summer has totally by-passed us this year.

luci :wave
Well here in the Midlands we have been enjoying an Indian Summer for some weeks now! Yes it was cold this morning but the sun now is glorious and it really is a beautiful day. All in all since the last week in July, apart from one week which we missed because we went abroad , the weather here has been dry and warm. Can't complain!

Back on topic we're off to Wales for the October half term too so I am praying the weather holds or at least stays dry. Otherwise it could prove a lot more costly than going abroad.
We're also having glorious weather in this part of Wales. It was a little colder this morning but at the moment we have glorious sunshine.
ooh, wish i was in wales ! we're in the lake district, and its FREEEEEEEEEZING ! looking outside and its just about to hammer it down, still, off to murcia in 3 weeks !
sorry, gone completely off topic !
Magster Where are you going to in Wales?
Hello Helen, we're off to our favourite resort in Wales; Llandudno. Love the proximity to the mountains, the Great Orme for closer walking and the West Beach. We find it perfect for a week even if we do get a bit wet now and then!
well magster,my heating has been turned on,here in llandudno today,it has been really cold.dry but cold!!!!! hope it's warmer,when you visit :)
tracy
Thanks Tracy. It wasn't exactly warm here today but it was absolutely glorious and in the sun it was warm. Just that nippy westerly, same as the one that you get in Llandudno, getting around the extremities! Didn't have the heating on until about 7pm though.

I'm not expecting sun bathing weather, just hoping for a relatively dry week so that the walking boots see some action plus the Conwy estuary with the sun shining down on it is such a beautiful site.
Apparently, we are going to have an extremely cold winter this year, so if anyone's planning a UK break, you should probably buy a bigger suitcase for all your thermals :wink:
Had a lovely day here in Manchester today, much colder than we've been used to, but plenty of Autumn sunshine. Got the heating on tonight though :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.