Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I can highly recommend Olu Deniz, we have stayed there 4 times (We are 50 but don't let that put you off. My daughter 25 also loves the place. Its a beautiful place with plenty of bars and restaurants and if you get bored with them Hisaronu is just a few minutes by taxi up the hill with plenty more. The scenery is breath taking, with lush gardens in all hotels, its very clean, people are chilled and lovely, hardly any hassle from bar owners etc. You won't go far wrong with any hotel you choose as they really look after their places and make the most of what they have. Just go for what price range you fancy, We have stayed in The Turquoise 3*+ excellent, 5-8 minutes walk from front.The White Hotel 3* closer to front, very nice pool, peaceful and quiet, beds a bit hard. The Akdeniz Hotel 2* very near front, Smaller pool and gardens, nice an clean. Montabelo Beach 2* similar to Akdeniz.

We are there again in September - cant wait
The Asena Beach looks good for a B&B or HB, never stayed just passed it. I think it is one of the best non-AI hotels in Olu.
Or you've got the Oyster Residence on the sea-front, also B&B & the best hotel in Olu, its a boutique hotel, Sovereign go there.

If you'd consider AI the Olu Deniz Resort Hotel or the Belcekiz Beach (Portland go there) are both FAB, BEACH FRONT & GREAT VALUE. Two best AI's in Olu.
We are in early 40's and went to Olu Deniz last July, back in October and this year off to Hisaronu.

Think you will love the resort. It sounds just the right place for you, based on what you like to do on holiday. The scenery is to die for, and although it is not brash, and clubby, there is plenty going on. You could easily find a different restaurant every night, and as said before, if you want something a bit livlier one evening, pop up the mountain(only 5 mins away) to Hisaronu, where there is a huge selection of bars, restaurants and clubs. Fethiye is also 15 mins away which is a much larger town with a lovely harbour.

To get a feel of the resort, and of its proximity to Hisaronu and Fethiye, go to Google Earth, you can zoom right into the resort and have a good look around.

Can recommend the Belcekiz beach, stayed there last year, but its AI, so thats porbably not of any interest to you, but im sure theres lots of good BB hotels. Dont think you could go wrong wherever you decide to stay.
Have a fantastic time, youll love it! 8)
Thanks all ! It sounds fab - just up our street. I'll check your accommodation recommendations out. I know its a little early to be looking at 08 but we like to plan ahead and enjoy the business of ploughing through the brochures and trawling through these forums.
My Wife and I are going to Olu again in June. We were last there in October 2005 and in Turgutreis (Bodrum Peninsula) on October 2004. We found Olu superb for a quieter holiday (We are both in very early 40's).
We stayed last time at the Club Sun City, booked through Thomas Cook TV (Cheapest at the time) which we thought was superb.
This time I booked a week All Inclusive for £254 including transfers (An extra £15 pp for a room with Jacuzzi therefore we paid £274 pp) at the Dorian Hotel (http://www.dorianhotel.com/default.asp).

I booked it through Right Holidays who I have found to be the cheapest. They are not ABTA bonded but provide full protection through the TTA and ATOL.
They advertise on Teletext on the Web as this is where I found them.

Their Web Site provides a full list of Accomodation available from SC to AI. I got comparible quotes for the Sun City again and found them to be £120 cheaper than Thomas Cook, Sky Travel, First Choice for any package.

The Web Site (Selectiing Olu Deniz) is http://www.rightholidays.com/yer.asp?yer=Oludeniz

They seem to use H4U for the flights and book the accomodation through their Fethiye Office to keep the accomodation price down.
Thanks for that! We always book our spring or Autumn breaks diy over the internet. Unfortunately because we all work in schools we have to take school holidays. We can never find any cheap flights at this time of year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.