Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I once again would recommend Prague as an alternative, especially if you want cheap food and drink. :glynis
was under the impresion that prague had got a bit seedy and was more of a stag night venue rather than a couples hol
Only if you go into the wrong section of town, Prague is a wonderful city with plenty to see and do other getting drunk. We normally go end Nov - Dec when the city is magical what with the Cristmas market etc.
I've been to both Prague and Barcelona and would say that Barcelona wins hands down.
If you like sightseeing there is plenty to do in Barcelona and it's very easy to get about. Infact you'll find 2 nights isn't long enough.
Have a look on the Barcelona thread for hotel/eating recommendations - there are quite a few on there.
If you go - but one of the travel cards that you can use on buses/metro etc. they are very good value and you'll also get discounts and free admission into some places.
the idea of the break is the lads can have a few beers during the day while our better halfs do a bit of shopping or relaxing then all meet up later for good food and lots of alchohol.
Just a total get away from everyday life
You pays your money and takes your choice, can do both in Barca or Prague, but prague would be a lot less expensive.
Agree with puddleduck2 - Barcelona everytime!

Last time we went we stayed on a small but clean hotel right on the Ramblas - http://www.h4n.com - very friendly staff & they gave us maps/ info/ etc when we arrived. Enjoyed it so much we're going to the same place this year. :D

Also, you're only about 100mtrs from Reael(sp), which has quite a few decent bars & restaurants, meaning you don't have to go too far at night. Tube station's about the same distance if required.

Enjoy.
If you fancy something a bit different then I would recommend Krakow. I went in May this year and had a fantastic time, loads to see and do. Plenty of bars and restaurants and very cheap - 3 adults had a main meal at a Georgian restaurant with a good bottle of wine and soft drinks £10 for the lot. Can recommend the RT hotel group - I stayed at the RT Regent in the Jewish area but they also have some near the main square. They can organise trips with their own private taxis very reasonably and can also do the transfers to the airport.
If you need anymore info I can give you more.
PS the beer is great!!
I would also agree go to Barcelona. You can also rent apartments which sleep more and are very resonable. I have enclosed a link to a very good website. http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/apartments/apartment-rental-in-barcelona.html Hope this helps. Karen
As an alternative Spanish destination put Valencia on your list - just had three days there and its a brilliant destination. To me Barcelona is like London - very cosmopolitan and attracting millions of tourists from all over the world and as a result like any major city around the world and not reflecting the Country it's located in. Valencia is more like provincial UK cities such as Leeds or Manchester - a large city with all they have to offer but with fewer tourists and as a result cheaper hotels and restaurants (four star hotel £50 a room a night) - most Brits tend to go to Benidorm which is just down the coast.
I gave my wife the chance of any destination worldwide for her 40th, she chose..................bath!
Nowt wrong with Bath. Had my 50th there.

She treated me to this very posh place

How the other half live. :lol:
Hi, I too was looking for a city break for my husbands 50th birthday in Febuary and have settled for Barcelona.
I have just booked 3 nights b&b at the Bel Art hotel which is 4* for a total price of £159. with flights from stanstead for a total price of £70.
I feel I got a real bargin. We have never done this sort of holiday before so I am looking at all the different information on the area so I have an idea what to expect.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.