General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
40th birthday
14 Posts
I have to suggest my two favourites - Prague or Krakow? Great food, drink and lots to do for anyone?
My favourite European city so far is Rome but I haven't been to Prague yet. Have you thought of Dublin?
thanks for that.

Have just been looking at filghts to Prague, will look at Krakow (cold in May?).
Rome, been to before, Poland may be a bit cold, but a possible.

Thanks
has to be barcelona for me.has everthing you want in a city and a good beach to boot also weather should be good in may.
Poland and Prague warm up nicely from early April or so onwards so by May should be very pleasant and not too warm, good for exploring. Dublin, well maybe I should be more patriotic, but its expensive, friendly enough I suppose and can be cold in May!! :(
We a group of 6 ladies (40ish) are going to either Dublin or Prague in May - can't quite make up our minds :? .

The more I learn the more I think Prague will be the cheaper option in terms of spending money but isn't Dublin a really lively city? :D

Any help in making up our minds by this Friday appreciated :oops:
Hi Carrie ... just in case you haven't seen it, we have a "Dublin or Prague" topic HERE, as well as individual topics for each city. (Dublin info can be found HERE in our UK & Eire forum).

David :wave
Thanks David - very helpful. I have sent the links to my friends and on Friday we will make up our mind between Dublin and Prague in May.

I will keep you posted where we end up booking.
Many thnaks to those in the know, and those with some good suggestions, Krakow and Prague neck and neck so far. We have been (individually) to a few European cities, but these are new, so interesting to us.
I will give Krakow a little more pushing because we found it friendly than Prague. To be honest Krakow kind of reminded me of Dublin (where I live) so its got a lot going for it!! Dublin is great fun, friendly (I hope!!) but it is very expensive especially compared to Prague and other places in Eastern Europe. Krakow is also smallish, so easy to get around (especially after the cheap vodkas) and as yet not too touristy at all! Going back for my second longer visit there in March too!
Have heard some really good reports on Cologne.
Apparently the nightlife ise xcellent with loads of restaurants,barsand clubs.
We've decided on Dublin - just got to book it now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.