UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi all
will be in dublin for 4 days from tuesday 30 May staying at the Arlington Hotel. we had cheap flights so went for a midweek break where are the best places to go for 35 to 45 year age group in the evening for some life, any ideas greatly appreciated. elaine
ps any ideas for days out as well home we have some good weather.
Well the weather isn't looking too good for us girls for our weekend in Dublin. Never mind guess we will have to spend most of our time in the pubs :shock:
Were thinking of going to Dublin for a 3 night stay, 22 Aug - 25th.

Can anyone recommend any good central hotels?

Thanks
Claire
Going for a romantic suprise weekend with wife on 22nd july.

Looking for recomendations of nice restaraunts.

We are staying merrion square - quite central I believe

Thanks
:D
I'm organising a stag weekend for ten people and have found some cheap flights to Dublin (with Ryanair) in November. Can anybody recommend suitable accommodation in Dublin that would accept an all-male party (well-behaved of course!)

Cheers[/b]
hi looking for a 4 star hotel-central dublin- looking to go early december when all the christmas lights are up. hoping to fly from humberside-now that ryanair go from there.

any recommendations for hotels,where to eat,places of interest. me and hubby go for 3 nights of freedom from the kids! have had the last 2 years in edinburgh which we loved but thought we would try dublin

many thanks
lou
Hi Jeraf

The Days Inn, Talbot Street allow stag and hen parties and it's in a pretty central location if you're looking to go out around Temple Bar, etc.

It's basic but cheap, clean and fairly modern. No bar on site but v close to nightlife, similar standard of accommodation to Travelodge.
Daughter is trying to book surprise birthday trip to Dublin for her and boyfriend end of Oct. How does she go about it?? Any suggestions for cheap flights from Glasgow and decent (but cheapish!!) accommodation near to everything??

Thanks
just had a tour around the guinness storehouse, fantastic place, i live in dublin and have passed it many times but never been in....i would highly recommend a visit if you ever come to dublin
Hey all

I live in Dublin if I can assist any enquires would be glad to. I also agree the Guinness tour is good fun, and is self directed so you can walk around at your own speed. Free pint at the top and some magnificent views over the city. Have been living in Dub all my life and actually only did it this year, isnt it amazing how we never properly explore our own homes sights etc and spend so much travelling to other peoples?

Anyway hope ye all have great fun over here
Hi Sunworshipper, my daughter and boyfriend heading to Dublin 2 Nov staying at Arlington, do you know it?
Hey there,

Yes I know the hotel, its on the north quays. Have never actually stayed there however...,
Hi Sunworshipper

Where is the best hotel to stay if going to a concert at The Pointe Theatre, my hubby and daughter will be in Dublin to watch McFly here in October.

Thanks

Polly
What would folk recommend a young couple go see/do? Got 3days. Can you get a bus from airport to Arlington Hotel?
Manxpolly, I would try to stay away from the end of town that the point is at for accomodation as it tends towards being a more dodgy spot. It is a fair stretch down to the point from town (o connell bridge for example) and I dont think you can get a bus so if you dont have a lift I would nearly get a taxi from town.
I have never stayed in any of the hotels in town so I cant recommend on the quality etc but I think somewhere like the Arlington is fine as it is near to both sides of town( grafton st/temple bar areas on south or o connell st/ henry st on north)
Hope that helps a bit. If you see any hotels that takes your fancy will try to help you out as to location.

Joolz,
if youre interested in the museum type trip, some of the things I enjoyed were guinness trip which I def think is a good one, also jameson distillary which make the infamous Jameson whiskey is also interesting. Trinity college and book of kells is worth a look too. Christchurch is also nice for a wander and near enough to main centre of town

if you were to get yourself a day ticket for bus and train( i think you can still get family ones which used to work out good value for two even as was unlimited travel)- a trip on the DART train out to the fishing village of Howth is quite a nice few hours for a walk on pier, nice place about 20 or so mins in train. Also in other direction on the train there are some pretty towns/seasides such as Dalkey /Killiney where celebs such as Bono and Enya have set up home. Could be a fun day out esp is weather is good.

And for the lady - shopping trips out to the new Dundrum Town Centre, ( can be reached by Luas from st stephens green ) or Blanchardstown (number 39 bus I think)

The website for Dublin Bus is helpful too

Hope this helps and you have a great time
Sorry just realised for got to answer you re: airport bus. There is a private bus company called Aircoach which operates from Dublin airport to city centre. If you were to get off in O Connell St it would be your nearest stop. This company has a website which is http://www.aircoach.ie

There is also the Dublin Buses which youll see on the following link http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/airport_services.asp

The 747/748 are the express ones.
Hi all, am trying to organise my hen weekend in dublin for next june but have been told that big groups particularly those in fancy dress are not welcome. Can anyone who has been recently update me on the situation as I would hate to book it then find we cannot go in anywhere.
Thanks
Surfer chick
x x x
As far as i remember you'll be ok around the Temple Bar area as they get a lot of Stag and Hen nights but you will struggle to get into some of the smarter, town pubs. Maybe a local can confirm if this is still the case?

Clubs can also be a bit picky but if you do a search you could email/contact them beforehand and see what the policy is.
The clubs and bars are starting to get a bit picky, and some are said to be refusing stag/hen parties. I think wouldnt be any harm in contacting some of the places directly if theres somewhere in particular youre looking for just to check.

You will find somewhere though, I wouldnt think you d be stuck as there is a lot of options around, just if theres somewhere you particularly wanted to go
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.