UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Just scanned all 9 pages of this thread

Got loads of links to help us when we are off to Dublin (begining of September)

Just to make a lot of folk wish they had
Ryanair EMA - Dublin 1p (2p return) each no surcharges no taxes nothing extra

Thats a deal
Hi! My daughter & son in law have just booked Cassidy's hotel for 3 days at the end of September. Can any of you lovely people give me some information on it thanks. The reviews we;ve read seem quite promising. Thanks
Just to make a lot of folk wish they had
Ryanair EMA - Dublin 1p (2p return) each no surcharges no taxes nothing extra

we did that too :wink:
flights were fine,what a bargain.

which meant we had more to spend whilst over there ,shopping & eating :lol: well it was our anniversary

loved Dublin,we stayed here : http://www.camdencourthotel.com/

very nice restaurant & bar,lovely helpful staff :)
Have already booked to go away again, on the penny flights next yr for my bday :)
You lucky people. I booked a £4.99 flight out and a 1p return with Ryanair from Bristol and still landed up paying £67.
I am off again on the 18th September for yet another 1p flight but this time not staying in Dublin. I also stayed at the Camden Court and was pleased with it.
This time I am staying at the Villa Rose Hotel in Ballybofey. I have got a very good deal. 3 nights B&B with one dinner for 139 Euro. and no single supplement.
emailed the hotel to ask if any special deals. Got an email by return and was told that they would not charge me the single supplement. I am taking a copy of the email with me as at the moment they have a deal at this price but it is only for 2 nights.

Have been in this hotel for dinner but have not stayed there. Had a look around the rooms about 18 months ago and very nice but since this time the new extension with the spa has opened. I will be visiting friends so will not spend a great deal of time in the Hotel but will take my Aunt and Cousin here for dinner.

Sorted out the bus times I think from the Airport to Donegal. Going to come back from Lisnaskea but have done this before and it was easy.

Sue
Thank you Fiona for your email. Really looking forward to seeing my little Granddaughters and being back in the land of my birth.

Sue
OK REAALY stupid Question

What electric plugs do they use in Dublin ??

Do I need adapters ???
Which ones ???

Jamesons Tour - - -is it worth the cost ?? or is it easier to just drink it in the bar
Hi Can anyone tell me how much a taxi is from the airport to the city centre, or is it easy to go by bus.
Dubinbus "Airlink" directly to the left outside departures - bus no. 747 offers a 10 Euro return ticket. Ticket machines are just next to bus stop.

A single can be purchased from the driver for 6 Euro.

Taxi fare will be around 20 Euro.
Northern Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:02 pm
Dubinbus "Airlink" directly to the left outside departures - bus no. 747 offers a 10 Euro return ticket. Ticket machines are just next to bus stop.

A single can be purchased from the driver for 6 Euro.

Taxi fare will be around 20 Euro.

The Taxi Fare is €34 from the top of O'Connell Street (Parnell Square)

The best ticket as long as you arrive early morning is the €25 Rambler you get free use of
Airlink
ALL City Buses (DublinBus)
Nitelinks buses
Dublin Bus City Tour Hop on Hop off which is a good way to sightsee on the open topped buses which run every 10 minutes during the day

The only drawback is if you buy the ticket in the afternoon you've lost half a days worth of use as it is valid for 3 Calender Days not 72 hours

LOTS to see but accomodation and food prices really high -- take plenty of money
We got a B&B for 4 of us which worked out at 440€ for 3 nights

Some other prices :shock:

Guinness 4€20 a pint
Lager 5€ a pint 3€ a half
Martini & Lemonade :shock: 4€40 for Martini 2€40 for lemonade baby bottle =6€60
Whiskey 4€20 a measure
a 6-8 oz steak meal 15-21€
a kebab (Abrakebabra chain) 4€90
Chinese all you can eat (Full House --just off O'Connell street where trams run towards the Jamesons factory) 8€80 -9€90

Guinness trip over priced 15€90

Jamesons trip 9€90 (8€90 with discount from bus tour ticket)-- a laugh when the NON whiskey drinker in your party gets to try a variety of Whisky's and Whiskeys -- She now LIKES it got to hide my Malts -- when you do the trip be ready at the end of the video presentation to "Volunteer" to be a whiskey taster 3 men and 3 women picked each trip
Trying to book Hotel for when i go to Dublin next month, have narrowed it down to Skylon Hotel or Days Inn either Talbot St or Rathmines

Anyone stayed in any of these hotels?
Hi Can anyone tell me how much a taxi is from the airport to the city centre, or is it easy to go by bus

Jump on the 16A bus outside the airport

its only about 2 euros !
:)
On advice given on this board I got the bus for 2 Euro's right to the Camden Court Hotel where I was staying. When I got on at the Airport there was plenty of space to store my suitcase and when I was getting off a nice young man helped me and I only had to walk about 20 yards or less.

Sue
I will shortly be going to Dublin and was wondering if someone can help me with some info:

1) I am not sure how much money I need to take (we are going for three nights). How much does it cost to eat and drink (particularly the Guiness) in Dublin?

2) I don't know wether I should take a wad of Euros with me or am I best advised to take a few Euros and then just use the Bank Cash Machines when I run out?

I realise there may already be forum topics open that address this and if the moderators can point me in the right direction great.
Hi d_gib8 .. I have merged your enquiry with this existing 10 page Dublin Q&As topic. Hopefully it may provide you with useful info for your trip, while you wait for some answers to those specific questions.

David :wave
Generally a pint of guinness will be between Euro 4.50 upto 5.15.

Take more money than you think you'll need to ensure you have a good time with no worries. Cant really recommend a budget, as you can eat cheaply or at a price - depends what you want.

Hop on hop off tour bus around £10pp. Guinness storehouse £10pp
Hi

We have booked to spend New Year in Dublin - staying at the Temple Bar hotel - does anyone know anything about it or know if it is ok?

Any feedback would be appreciated!
d_gib8 Posted:
I will shortly be going to Dublin and was wondering if someone can help me with some info:

1) I am not sure how much money I need to take (we are going for three nights). How much does it cost to eat and drink (particularly the Guiness) in Dublin?

2) I don't know wether I should take a wad of Euros with me or am I best advised to take a few Euros and then just use the Bank Cash Machines when I run out?

1/ lots of money we spent £300 in 3 days for 2 of us included in that was €220 for B&B
Eating out/ Drinks --- see my post Sept 19

2/ lots of Cash machines
don't take too much as security in some hotels is a bit iffy
Going to Donegal from Dublin Airport om the 8th Jan and back on the 14th. Just hope the winter bus timetable fits in with my travel plans. Arriving at 12.45 with Ryanair and departing at 21.10 hours on the 14th.
I don't really have time to go into the City but I would like to do a little bit of shopping at the Airport. Any advice?

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.