UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Thanks Sunworshipper!!
The two main areas really are the temple bar area, which has places like "Bobs" and the harcourt st/camden st area.

Is there is big price difference with the all inclusive package?
The all inclusive package is £189 excluding flights, flights from Birmingham are £67 return. The hotel on their own are from £49 pp and are situated just outside Dublin city centre
There is a website called http://www.dublinks.com that lists entertainment int he city. A link on this is http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/11/pt/11.htm which lists the bars and venues and their contact details. A read of this may help you out. Its a tough one re the all inclusive or not. The health spa and that sounds good and may be a useful with a large group to keep everyone together and the momentum going and saves hassle but it could limit you a bit.

Have a look at that site anyway see if its any help to you
I was just wondering how they are about letting you into the bars and clubs if you are dressed up. We were going to have matching t-shirts one night and dress up the next.
Thanks
Surfer chick
x x x
I d say you should get in ok, its always best to approach the bouncers in small groups. Another good suggestion is def to go early as they get more picky as night goes on..
Thanks sunworshipper your advice has, as has everyone elses, been fantastic. :D
You have made making my decision lots easier, I am now in the prosess of getting money off everyone ready for booking the flights. :fly
Surfer chick
x x x
Hope you have a fab time, when you heading.
1st - 3rd of June next year, can wait. Didn't realise how much organisng a hen weekend takes!!!Good job I have 3 very organised brodesmaids!!!! :D
so exciting! headin away myself tomorr for 5 days hope all goes well
Hope you have a fantastic time, maybe you could report back to me when you get back.
Thanks
Surfer chick
x x x x
My daughter is looking for a quiet but fairly central B&B / Guesthouse for a couple of nights in October. Any recomendations?(or ones to avoid!)
Having been to Dublin last month myself, I don't think that 'quiet' and 'central' go hand in hand.

If you want central (e.g. Templebar area) be prepared to put up with the constant street noise from cars and party-goers.

If you can put up with that, I suggest the Blooms Hotel right in the centre of Dublin - click this link for a couple of reviews.

Mark :D
Thanks for that, Mark, unfortunately Blooms is too expensive! They are looking for a cheapish B & B rather than a Hotel - sorry, I should have been more specific.

I said 'central' - walking distance or short bus ride to centre would be great.
Not really a B&B as such but good value and very central is Days Inn, Talbot Street. It's a clean, basic hotel (similar to Travelodge/Premier Inn) in easy walking distance of Temple Bar and most of Dublin.
:D hI , i know this is a bitty last minute, but any suggestions for a family group visiting Dublin?? 2 adults and a 14 yr old and 10 yr old. Best things to see etc . Staying in Clontarf, flying over from Aberdeeen so will be there thurs afternoon and all day fri, leaving sat am.

was to be seeing mcfly but they changed their dates so we are still coming over as we are stuck with the cheap flights!!!

also never used euros before , not sure how much to budget for ??

thks :wink:
I'm off to Dublin with my girlfriend in February (over Valentines week) and wanted to know of a nice, decent priced, place to take her for a romantic meal? Any ideas?
Hi,
Travelling to Dublin on 1st December for 3 nights, was just wondering the best way to get to the centre from the airport, hubby been looking on website and said there is a bus, has anyone used it? any information would be appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.
Theresa
Yes i've used both the bus and taxis. Obviously a taxi is a bit quicker and i've used that when i'm pushed for time but the bus is reliable and cheap (especially if you buy a return).
Both taxis and the shuttle bus are clearly signposted as you exit the airport. Can't remember the bus fare but it wasn't much, just a few euros.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.