General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
60-65 years old?
10 Posts
he insurance for under 60 was £25 and for over 60 (61!) it was £50

hope you dont buy insurance from the tour operator
i have just renewed our anual insurance im just under OH is just over 60 for a multitrip 28 max single stay covering OH high blood pressure and 28 days sky cover [dont know why dont do white stuff] with very good cover for baggage,medical etc was only £58 for the two of us

wizard
Wait until you reach 66 and the insurance doubles. :(
ours is up to 70 so a few more trips yet [i hope]
We have ours with our Bank so never bother either but the point I was trying to make is have they changed the age threshold recently?
Judith, with Thomas Cook now you don't have to wait until you reach 65+ for it to have doubled - just 60+!!!!
You got a good deal, Wizard. Maybe even better than our Bank?
Suzie

I agree, if you aren't going to buy their insurance why should they need to know your age?

Judith
Wizard can you post a link to the website please?
having trouble finding it... the company i use is netcover [listed on page 1 of the insurance thread]
OK - we're ok till January, but will have to renew before our Easter trip
There is a great deal of useful information here on HT in the section devoted to insurance. I have just been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and of course my annual policy is due for renewal. We are both in the 65plus bracket so as usual the "age discrimination factor" comes into it. It had jumped last year when my wife hit 65.

So having the renewal I rang them and told them of the change. They asked for an additional £160 just because I was now type 2 - So I then rang Diabetes UK for a quote. They were even more expensive.

Looked here on HT and got pointed in the direction of Esure - Cost us £144.71 for 12 months - upto 45 days and opted for £35.00 excess - would have been cheaper if I had opted for £50.00.

As with anything you get what you pay for. Trawling the net I could have got cover for both of us for less than £60.00 including the Diabetes. I am also told that NFU also are competitive. The thing to remember is if it looks cheap then it probably is not quite what it seems. Read the T&Cs with care.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.