Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
You could also look at Krabi, Koh Samui, Phuket or Hua Hin( but I have to say I didn't the beach was that great at Hua Hin) With 16 days I would give a bit longer in Bangkok- there is so much to see and do there. :) Krabi or Koh Samui would be a safer bet if you are worried about the seedier side of Thailand. But members would be able to advise you of areas in Phuket or Pattaya which might be suitable.
Beach wise in March I would go for the Phuket/ Krabi area for the beach part of a Thai holiday, Khao Lak if you like it little quieter. Pattaya is very built up and lively and the water quality in the sea by the resort a little suspect. Phuket the water quality and beaches much better, some resorts such as Patong, Karon and Kata lively others as quiet and peaceful as you could want. Krabi had spectacular scenery and some good beaches on the mainland, but the best are to be found on short trips to the outlying islands. Ao Nang is the principal resort in Krabi and used as jumping off point for daily trips to the islands.

As for bathing elephants this can certainly be done in Northern Thailand, but most other areas have elephant trekking available. Some hotels even have their own baby elephant that guests can interact with...there was one at the Krabi Sheraton for example...but I do wonder whether its in the animals best interests.
Thank you for your replies, I will have a look at all the resorts mentioned and probably have more questions when decided.
we will probably spend a couple of days in Bangkok on the way out there and on the way back, possibly 4-5 in total. so i can get my shopping fix and do some sight seeing.
hugs la x
good idea re time in Bangkok at the end. You are not jetlagged and I've found that if I have the last couple of days on the beach I think about the holiday coming to an end. If you are in BKK you don't have time to think about it :)
have had a good look at Phuket and it seems to tick all our boxes. How would we get there from Bangkok? is it a long journey by road? would an internal flight be better? or would we be better doing a package direct to Phuket. our main aim is to try and keep the cost down.
any help would be brilliant, I cant get my head round the geography of the place, me thinks I better buy a map ;)

hugs la x
A very long journey by road. Internal flights just over an hour from Bangkok to Phuket we've done for arounf £50 using low-costs such as AirAsia. Bangkok Airways, Thai Airways and Nokair may be worth a look as well.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.