EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
First thing is what does your agent and/or lawyer say?
Hiya , My agent says that according to the agreement i have to send the money. I have nt spoken to the lawyer yet as i thought things were being done in a friendly manner. I did nt pursue the compensation for the sake of a friendly relationship with the builder.
if you have a lawyer speak with them, as I assume that they have your power of attorney and would be sorting the tapu and also assume it was your lawyer who put in the compensation clause.
I`ve not knowingly given anyone my power of attorney and hope its still in my hands. It looks like i`ll have to speak with the lawyer if they won`t be reasonable. The remaining money seems to be the best bargaining tool i have. Have you come across this before and am i right to be wary? Thanks in advance.
Sorry , but its not clear, have you got a Turkish lawyer?
Yes, in Didim sorted by the estate agent when we purchased.
Get in touch with them and explain about the builder not performing to contract.
let us know how you get on :gluck
Thanks for the advice i`ll let you know.
I have not purchased in Turkey, but have you given any thought to holding back a retainer until completion and snagging work has been completed?
I` ve done that but the builder is now threatening me with an interest charge if i don`t pay.
Why not pay him less the compensation plus an amount to cover snagging non completion, surely if it is in the contract that £300 a month is payable on late completions your lawyer should be on top of this.

Handing over the full amount before the apartment is completed sounds like a receipe for disaster! What comeback do you have if he does not complete or there are major snagging problems, are you buying in a complex? what are others doing? Is the solicitor part of the agency or independant?

Good Luck!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.