Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi
Dshiels I would recommend Pefkos or Lindos, ask your questions on this link it also has quite a lot of reviews and photos.

http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsofpefkosrhodes

Paul
The weather in Rhodes late August & September is great and would be far better than Spain at the same time of the year. You are most likely to see only clear blue skies without a cloud in site throughout your whole visit. Temperatures will be in the high 70's or 80's and the Sea will be at it's warmest. A great time to visit Rhodes!!!
You may like to try a resort called stegna , its very traditional , extremely laid back has a couple of bars and about 15 restaurants , the greeks come here on a weekend , pefkos is very british as is haraki which is between stegna and pefkos .Its lovely in september not too hot , but the sea is lovely and warm, and more help just ask , im sure you`l find somehting you`ll enjoy in rhodes, a trip to the old town is a must
Been looking at Lindos as the seems lovely.

Been trying to look for hotels/apartments this morning and most seem to be outside of Lindo (about 2-3kms away) but we would prefer somewhere closer and about no more than 10mins walking distance to restaurants etc.

Can any recommend any good hotels/apartments in Lindos.

Thanks

Darren
There is nothing in Lindos itself with a swimming pool so if that's what you're looking for that'll be why you're struggling. Central village accommodation, i'd say Libra, Manos and Olympic offer the best choice but do expect simple, basic studios (most are in converted village houses).

If you are looking for a pool then you have to be up above the village itself. Within 10 minutes walk i'd say Krana, Lindos View and Lindos Gardens are good options.
I really can recommend the Hotel Blue Sea Resort in Faliraki (outside Faliraki) a very nice 4 Star Hotel directly on the beach. Thomson and Olympic are selling it. The food is excellent, most of the rooms are newly renovated and they just finished building a new swimming pool with an island to sunbathe. If you want a relaxing day they offer massage, anything you wish. The have a website blueseahotel.gr
Thanks for help everyone.

After reading lots of resort reports and hotel reviews I have decided on Hotel Athena in Lindos and am booked from 30th August.

First time to Rhodes or that region so really looking forward to it.
Just remember it's a tasty walk up and down a hill to get to Lindos.

Looks very nice though, our bus dropped off people at this place. (well looks like it anyway).

The only downside about staying in the actual town of lindos is 'no pools', however with the beaches there I think that would do for the wee one. However I have to say I don't think I could stay anywhere else now than in the town itself as it's just magical walking around the centre and being so close to your accommodation.

FD
We wanted somewhere with the pool this time and am aware of the walk (will help walk of dinner and drinks!). I assume it is no more than 10-15 mins walk though?

It will give us the chance to investigate Lindos properly for future holidays and look at other accommdation.
10-15mins slow walk.

It's not far at all. And if you where wanting a pool, then you've got it made. :sun2

It was just great being in the town centre and being literally 1 minute away from your accommodation.

FD
Rhodes is a lovely place but beware July, August, September time as it can get very hot indeed.

The old town is the place to spend many hours lots of nice places to see and some excellent restaurants.

Hotel are better just out of town maybe 3/4 miles on the coast if you go on the east coast the beaches are better but Lindos is a bit to far away from the Old town. on the west coast you get superb sunsets and there are some great hotel Trianda and its a shot local bus ride to the old town

Hope this is of some help to you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.